Contributor

any one try the new CVS Promise Organic skin care line?

Trusted Contributor

@rubylulu wrote:

@rubylulu No but CVS also has a new line called Hylamide that has been in their last two flyers but I still can't find it in the store where I live. Someone wrote a very positive review on MUA for one of the serums. Anyone try either of these two new lines yet?

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Contributor

didnt know about that..wow 2 lines of skin care..

Honored Contributor

Both are avilable on their website

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@rubylulu wrote:

@rubylulu No but CVS also has a new line called Hylamide that has been in their last two flyers but I still can't find it in the store where I live. Someone wrote a very positive review on MUA for one of the serums. Anyone try either of these two new lines yet?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Both are avilable on their website

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@rubylulu wrote:

@I am still oxox Thanks, I know, was just hoping to pick it up in the store rather than order online.

@rubylulu I stopped at two CVS's on my way to the mall last night looking for the Hylamide and one of the stores had two other skin care lines I'd never heard of before: Wilma Schumann - from Europe, and Jouviance - may be Canadian. They also have the Skin + Pharmacy line you may want to check out.

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@rubylulu wrote:

No, but if it is the one I read the deck of a few weeks ago in store, and I think it is, it actually looked pretty nice.  I may take somew time to look at that again.  Thanks for bringing it up.  

I'm so over "natural" and "organic".  They've just become marketing terms.  It's sad that has actually turned negative for me and I've been doing my best to feed my family organic food for twenty years.  In skincare I just don't trust those terms one iota anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@rubylulu wrote:

No, but if it is the one I read the deck of a few weeks ago in store, and I think it is, it actually looked pretty nice.  I may take somew time to look at that again.  Thanks for bringing it up.  

I'm so over "natural" and "organic".  They've just become marketing terms.  It's sad that has actually turned negative for me and I've been doing my best to feed my family organic food for twenty years.  In skincare I just don't trust those terms one iota anymore. 

@Bella Carro Thanks for your input on th ePromise Organic line at CVS. I didn't see this one in the two stores I was in yesterday but I will definately look for the brand when I check out the next CVS close to where I plan to have lunch some time in the next couple of days. I do understand your skepticism about organic skin care. There is no regulation so just about any company can slap a label on something and call it organic or all natural.

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan. I was not clear, sorry.  The line I looked at was the Hylamide not the "organic" line.  

Trusted Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@UMDTerpFan. I was not clear, sorry.  The line I looked at was the Hylamide not the "organic" line.  

@Bella Carro Thanks for clarifying. I wish I could find it in a store! I live outside DC and it was in the last two weeks ads CVS put out so you'd think I'd be able to pick it up in the store?!

Respected Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Bella Carro Thanks for clarifying. I wish I could find it in a store! I live outside DC and it was in the last two weeks ads CVS put out so you'd think I'd be able to pick it up in the store?!

That is frustrating and I'm really surprised I ran across it then.  In the past, I'd read about new and interesting items on this board that were supposed to be at CVS and/or Walgreens.  Then I'd see it advertised, too.  Rarely would they carry it and it would be weeks to months later before it showed up.  What is that?  You're in a metro area and I'm a stones throw from Atlanta city limit.  I would think either metro area would be a prime market.  Even now I can't get the Flowers brand of makeup at the two nearest WalMarts.  Probably okay since I despise shopping at Walmart, though.