Esteemed Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

[ Edited ]

🎉  My patience has paid off!

Exactly 3 weeks after putting this on my wish list I just ordered it on six easy pays and free shipping.

EDD is only 5 days.

Edit - mine is the Clairsonic Pro, which takes both the assorted facial brushes and the body brush.

It has more programs/speeds, but I really would have to to go back to the instructions to re-learn.

I found one program I liked that has no pauses to move the device. Just a continuous run for two minutes. I leave the setting there.

I leave it out where I can see it as a visual reminder to run a cycle. If I put it in a drawer I'd neglect the battery to it's death for sure. 

I never succumbed to the temptation of the Mia models. They look difficult to hold and I'd probably drop them when my hand muscles seize.

Really looking forward to the Spade, and it's handle!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee ,  i didn't opt for Pay Pal because I wanted the 6 easy pays. Doesn't Pay Pay only make a one time full payment?

(Not the pay pal charge account, but the regular pay pal.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@SilleeMee ,  i didn't opt for Pay Pal because I wanted the 6 easy pays. Doesn't Pay Pay only make a one time full payment?

(Not the pay pal charge account, but the regular pay pal.)

@x Hedge 

When you choose the PP option then all that does it direct your payment through your PP account. That will not affect the EPs. You can still get EP when you go through your PP account. 

Think of the PP option as a 'wallet'. In that wallet you have the cc which you have placed there at some point.  If you don't choose to use that PP wallet then you can choose your other payment methods shown in your Q account.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge 

Another interesting thing I found out about EPs...

When the Q offers EPs for QCard holders only, you can use the QCard to make your first payment then after that go back to your Q account and change the method of payment to whatever other card you want. The number of EPs remain unchanged. I do that and use my cc that pays me cash back.

Honored Contributor

What a bunch of enablers! And some of you gave such thorough and glowing reviews I simply had no choice! LOL I just ordered the teal (as the blue is called on Pop Sonic’s site). I ordered from Q through Mr Rebates. Based on reviews, I doubt I’ll be returning it unless it is defective.

I used a Clarisonic before switching to a forea Luna dupe  but the was abandoned for some reason I don’t recall now. If the Spade does a good job cleaning my pores, I’ll be sold. 

I use a gentle bar soap (Beekman’s Triple Milled Goat Milk Soap) on my face so I think I’ll just apply the soap as usual to my skin and then use the Spade.

RE: the USB charger - these must be much cheaper to make than chargers that plug into the wall. I can’t imagine wanting to charge my face cleaning tool (or toothbrush or anything else) by plugging it into my laptop or phone. All that does is drain the battery from something else. I have several adapters and use them. The only time I plug something into another device is to back it up or something of that nature.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I have a Pay Pal account, have used it on eBay and a few websites, but never here.

Funny, QVC never put that option on my screen before today, and I don't have a Q Card.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

What a bunch of enablers! And some of you gave such thorough and glowing reviews I simply had no choice! LOL I just ordered the teal (as the blue is called on Pop Sonic’s site). I ordered from Q through Mr Rebates. Based on reviews, I doubt I’ll be returning it unless it is defective.

I used a Clarisonic before switching to a forea Luna dupe  but the was abandoned for some reason I don’t recall now. If the Spade does a good job cleaning my pores, I’ll be sold. 

I use a gentle bar soap (Beekman’s Triple Milled Goat Milk Soap) on my face so I think I’ll just apply the soap as usual to my skin and then use the Spade.

RE: the USB charger - these must be much cheaper to make than chargers that plug into the wall. I can’t imagine wanting to charge my face cleaning tool (or toothbrush or anything else) by plugging it into my laptop or phone. All that does is drain the battery from something else. I have several adapters and use them. The only time I plug something into another device is to back it up or something of that nature.

@willdob3 

Prepare to be sold!! 😍

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3 

you are so right. they are enablers. especially @SurferWife  LOL  i have been fighting ordering all day. if i'm not mistaken, the free ship & easy pay is until sometime tomorrow (sunday). i don't like pink, and an not a big fan of the blue, that is why i have been able to resist, so far.  plus, i'm sure that there will be other colors available, later on this year. but if i cave, i would get the blue. 

even if we do like @SurferWife is doing and only using the spade once a day and the clarisonic  for the second  cleansing each day, in a year, the spade will have paid for itself, as we will have purchased at least 2 fewer brush heads. and each year after that, also. it's the best of both worlds.

as i bought the leaf last year, i have already pushed my brush head auto ship back by a year, because when i found the original pink & white brush head (can't remember it's name right now) on sale, i bought a few, because they are suppose to stop making it, even though it is  their best selling and best rated  brush head for that new and so not improved, but costs more, model. yeah, that's a great way to keep customers - by taking away their favorite brush head (smile)

i haven't tried the beekman bars of face soap. i take it that you like it. it i remember correctly, it comes in a 3 pack. if it lasts like their body bath soap lasts, a 3 pack would last a year - LOL

not that i need another face cleanser (still trying to finish the last  of my purity, which i've replaced with the korres tea cleanser), but i would appreciate hearing how you like using the bar soap with the spade.

i am right there with you about not using my laptop as a charging device. i wish popsonic et al, weren't so cheap and provided a regular wall plug.

i hope that you enjoy your spade!