Valued Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

@SilleeMee wrote:

I just use one of these adapters I got from Walmart for $3.

download.jpg

some surge supressors also have usb ports. the one i bought for my laptop has 3.

while it can be done, i personally don't thinking charging devices on a laptop is a good idea.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@iwrite 

I don’t find that I need to run it longer on a lower speed. By default it starts at 5 & quite frankly I find that is my preferred speed. I’m still new to it , though, so I’ll keep experimenting with higher speeds.

Thanks for the reminder about the Clarisonic. I have heard that if they sit too long they stop holding a charge. I have 2 Mia’s, so I generally use one until it needs recharging, then switch out to my next one. They both still work great; one is the first generation Mia & the other is a Mia 2.  I’ve always been diligent about changing out the brush head every three months, but the new brushes SUCK!

As far as the new Smart Clarisonic...NO WAY! Not because of the cost, but because I don’t need another smart device in my life. A smart phone is one thing, but I don’t need a cleansing device to tell me how well or poorly I’m. cleansing my face. I refuse to get a smart toothbrush, too!

@SurferWife 

after running my leaf through one complete cycle, my face just doesn't feel clean, so i run it some more.

i have 1 mia 1 (from when they first came out) and 2 mia 2's and honestly, i like the mia one the best. for one reason, it doesn't beep and it feels a little more sturdy then the mia 2's.

yes, please continue to charge your clarisonic's on a regular basis. as i have 3, i charge at least one every week. i guess it would be nice if they tell people to charge every X weeks or whatever, even if they aren't using it. but . . .

oh, i am right there with you about the new brush heads the complete opposite of being very good. i have only tried the pink one. i don't find it nearly as effective as the one it is replacing. and the cap! way difficult to put back on. it's just different, not better, just costs more. if the goal is to loose customers, they are on their way.

if you remember, several years ago they stopped making the mia 1 &2 when they came out with a new model. it didn't do well, so they brought the original mia's back. so they are back at it again with a new model.

should we start taking bets on whether or not the mia 1 or 2 will be back? (smile)

besides the price, i don't see the new clarisonic outselling the originals, as it provides NO NEW VALUE.

and i suspect the price will drop by 50%, way sooner then they expected or projected.
actually, they did have a sale a short time ago, when it was 50% off on their web site.

i've lived over half a CENTURY WITHOUT needing an app to wash my face. and i'm 1,000 percent sure that i can go another half a century without having an app to wash my face. LOL how about you?

and with this spade available for way less, people that don't already have a clarisonic, won't find the new clarisonic very appealing or be in such a hurry to buy replacement brush heads.

and the space doesn't have to be recharged often.

i think the spade will outsell the leaf, in short order. what do you think?

Honored Contributor

@iwrite 

Even my desk lamp has 2 USB ports. It seems like everything these days has a charging component to it. I have a butt-load of those little white wall plug-ins, but I really don’t need them with everything else in my house that has a USB port.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

Heartthanks so much for all the good info - really appreciate it.

i already use a small silicone 'sponge' for face and a big one for the shower- but they are awkward to use- the shower one keeps falling off my hand, and i keep dropping the face one!

i like how well that nubby silicone cleans the skin, it does make it so soft!

but it looks like this spade thing will be best to try. i had passed on the leaf as it looked too droppable...

there are a few folks i wanted to 'turn on' to the silicone, but all was too awkward to me. if this thing works out, it will be a good gift to others.

if it's popular, maybe they will have more colors and really push it, like they did the clarisonic. 

i expect to buy that little elec/usb adapter thing, as i don't want to charge it at my laptop. unlike some others, i have no usb ports in any handy spot.Cat Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@SurferWifei haven't seen a lamp with usb ports, but it does make sense, as it's a piece of furniture that isn't moved often. i have seen usb ports on bed frames.

Honored Contributor

@iwrite 

It's pretty cool.  It's acctually my desk lamp; it has soft lightening that is gentler on the eyes since I'm staring at my computer monitor all day.  It has 2 USB ports in the back...quite handy for keeping my iphone & ipad charged.  I got it at Costco.  They may have it online if you want to check it out.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife 

i thought that i had replied to this post, but i don't see my reply here. i'm sorry.

you are welcome for the clarisonic reminder. since they don't make the good ones that we have any more, we need to cherish them and keep them for as long as possible. (smile)

yes, the new, but not improved brush heads are horrible. i have only tried the new pink one. yuck!

which of the new ones have you tried?

when the original pink & white one goes on sale, i buy a few to hoard.

i'm shocked that you don't want one of the new models. NOT

you, i and many others are so messing with their marketing plan of existing customers will rush and buy the new model.

a smart toothbrush. there is no way that i would put that anywhere near my mouth, never mind in my mouth. next thing you know, there will be a way to use that to get a sample or picture of your dna without you knowing it.

just like that amazon thing that you talk you. i knew from day 1, that they were listening to the conversations. how the bleep - (3 second delay) could the machine respond, if it couldn't hear what you were saying? DUH!  people really need to wake up and think about what is NOT being said from the beginning of a product launch, opposed to what is being said.

they are going too far with this alleged "smart" technology. it's just a buzz word that doesn't mean anything. for me, the word means that companies have been ripping people off for a long time because they hold back on good improvements and opt for releasing gimmicks.

not sure who they think their target market is, but i'm not who they are marketing to.

maybe its millennial marketing. no offense to them.

have a good weekend. yes, i know it's thursday, but i probably won't be back here tomorrow.

@SurferWife wrote:

@iwrite 

I don’t find that I need to run it longer on a lower speed. By default it starts at 5 & quite frankly I find that is my preferred speed. I’m still new to it , though, so I’ll keep experimenting with higher speeds.

Thanks for the reminder about the Clarisonic. I have heard that if they sit too long they stop holding a charge. I have 2 Mia’s, so I generally use one until it needs recharging, then switch out to my next one. They both still work great; one is the first generation Mia & the other is a Mia 2.  I’ve always been diligent about changing out the brush head every three months, but the new brushes SUCK!

As far as the new Smart Clarisonic...NO WAY! Not because of the cost, but because I don’t need another smart device in my life. A smart phone is one thing, but I don’t need a cleansing device to tell me how well or poorly I’m. cleansing my face. I refuse to get a smart toothbrush, too!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - hey there - after reading your review and your responses, you cost me $ this week, lol. I am in the same boat with the Clarisonic brush replacements. Love the machine, the replacement heads, not so much. I do have some extras and am hoarding as I really like the clarisonic.

Hope I like the spade as much. Will let you know.

Honored Contributor

@riley1 

I just try to help when I can! LOL! I sure hope you ❤️ your Spade! I’m now using mine at night & my Clarisonic in the morning. I keep hearing that you need to use the Clarisonic every now & then so the battery doesn’t [permanently] die. I’m going to have to experiment with the new brush heads though, but so far the “revitalizing” brush head is a no-go. I’m using it, but I guess when it’s time to replace it I’ll try the sensitive. As far as pop sonic Spade vs. Clarisonic, my favorite vote is still going to Spade.

I can’t wait to hear how you like it! Aloha...❤️🤙🌴😎🥥

Honored Contributor

Today would be a good day to get the Spade with the free shipping and 6 EPs. If you use the PayPal option at checkout then if, for some reason, you return it then PP will refund you what it cost to return your Spade...win-win!Woman Happy