Honored Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

I just use one of these adapters I got from Walmart for $3.

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

@iwrite 

I don’t find that I need to run it longer on a lower speed. By default it starts at 5 & quite frankly I find that is my preferred speed. I’m still new to it , though, so I’ll keep experimenting with higher speeds.

Thanks for the reminder about the Clarisonic. I have heard that if they sit too long they stop holding a charge. I have 2 Mia’s, so I generally use one until it needs recharging, then switch out to my next one. They both still work great; one is the first generation Mia & the other is a Mia 2.  I’ve always been diligent about changing out the brush head every three months, but the new brushes SUCK!

As far as the new Smart Clarisonic...NO WAY! Not because of the cost, but because I don’t need another smart device in my life. A smart phone is one thing, but I don’t need a cleansing device to tell me how well or poorly I’m. cleansing my face. I refuse to get a smart toothbrush, too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@shosh 

Great questions! Yes, you can immediately turn it back on after it stops. I do; I always go through 2 full cycles (It’s funny, I’ve always done that with my Clarisonic & my Sonicare toothbrush...just always have).

You should try it! As someone who thought she’d never use another device besides the Clarisonic, I am really impressed with the Spade.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Does anyone know why there are grooves on the back side of the Spade? Are they just there for decoration or are they to be used for some application of sorts?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee 

The grooves on the back side are for massaging in your serums & moisturizers. I personally haven’t tried it yet. I suppose I will at some point, but I really purchased it for the cleansing side.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee 

The grooves on the back side are for massaging in your serums & moisturizers. I personally haven’t tried it yet. I suppose I will at some point, but I really purchased it for the cleansing side.

Thanks @SurferWife . That's what I thought. But it would seem like the grooves would 'catch' the product that you are trying to get onto your skin....sort a squeegee effect...??

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Exactly! I’ll read the little manual to see exactly how it’s supposed to work. It seems to me like it would take some of the product off. We’ll see.

Well, it’s coming up on 9am here & my laundry won’t do itself! I’d better sign off until later this evening. Aloha! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

Drain and recharge your Clairsonic at intervals, whether you're using it on your face or not.

If I'm storing it rather than using it, to keep my Clairsonic battery healthy I set it on a towel or other soft spot and turn it on, run thru a cycle every few days.

Valued Contributor

@shosh wrote:

@SurferWife   ,  @SilleeMee 

The product info said it ''pauses every 20 seconds, and automatically shuts OFF after 2 minutes.''

>>Are you able to turn it right back on and use it longer, after it auto shuts off ??

>>Has anyone tried doing that a few times in a row?

They said it can be used for body, and I would want to be able to keep using it longer.

>>Some items CAN'T be turned back on right away, one has to let the item 'cool down' before you turn it back on.

I am surprised it shuts off, unless it HAS to for that reason. I can understand an electric toothbrush shutting off to 'help' one brush right, but I want to decide how long to wash my face, neck etc...I don't know if the other leaf items did this too.

Of course during the 7 minute video, these 'features' weren't mentioned.

And how to charge it was rushed over. As usual, they just keep telling us how great the item is, with little real info.

THANKS for any help, I have been using a small 'manual' silicone sponge pad and this would be better if I can use it longer than 2 minutes at a time.Woman Happy

@shosh 

i have the leaf and it can be turned right back on, so i imagine that the spade can be also.

i missed the part about it being able to be used on the body. guess i'll watch the video again - sigh

my guess for the beeps is the same for many products. the manufactures don't think people are smart enough to know to move the device to another part of your face or body.

that is why i love my mia 1. it doesn't beep!

it took practice, but i learned how to just ignore the beeps.

i agree with you about the presentation. sadly, i don't think it's part of the requirement of product presentation to "think" ahead about what questions potential customers may have, and provide answers for the questions during the presentation. gotta get that "me me me" time in. apparently, way more important then providing more product info. (smile)

Honored Contributor

I love my Pop Sonic Leaflet.  It fits nicely in my hand but, more importantly, it cleans my pores and gives my skin a glow.  No brushes, no refills -- it's perfect for me.

kindness is strength