Respected Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

You people are making me want this thing!  I cannot buy it, I have two Clarisonics and two Popsonic leafs.  So I just cannot allow myself to do it without simultaneously sigining myself up for an episode of Hoarders.

Honored Contributor

I would find a way @Grouchomarx . Gift-away your other brushes or something. This Spade is soOOO worth it.  Guess I'm not much of a help for the hoarder situation, huh?Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would find a way @Grouchomarx . Gift-away your other brushes or something. This Spade is soOOO worth it.  Guess I'm not much of a help for the hoarder situation, huh?Smiley Very Happy

No you're not LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

You people are making me want this thing!  I cannot buy it, I have two Clarisonics and two Popsonic leafs.  So I just cannot allow myself to do it without simultaneously sigining myself up for an episode of Hoarders.

@Grouchomarx

Oh, honey, we are here to help!  First off 2 Clarisonics & 2 Popsonic leafs don't even take up an entire drawer, so you are far from being a hoarder.  Secondly, as @SilleeMee suggested, perhaps gift one to a friend (maybe one who has a teen-age daughter who is just starting out).  The Clarisonics clean up nicely, so that they don't look old & tattered.  I recently added a capful of Clorox into my Clarisonic brushhead holder (obviously without the brushhead) & let it soak for a bit.  It was so white & new looking...it looked like I had just taken it out of the box.

I'm not at the point that I want to get rid of my Clarisonics, but they are nicely tucked away in my drawer.  I may still use them & alternate with the Spade, but I don't know...I am really impressed with how well the Spade works.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx 

don't say that you can't buy one. i have you beat by 1 additional clarisonic. and yes, i use all 3. each one has a different brush head. so far, i have only used one of the leafs that i have.

this is not hoarding, as they don't make the mia's that i/we have any more. plus, some change is good for the skin. also keep in mind the cost of the mia brushheads, even at 25% off. how am i doing so far? (smile)

and yes, at some point, i will buy this spade. i didn't see the show when it aired. maybe 2 days ago, i watched the video. i was sold when i first saw it before it arrived here. i'm waiting for some other color options. don't like pink and not a fan of the blue.

i would not be surprised that at xmas there would be a 2 pack tsv, like they did last year for the leaf. no, that isn't hoarding either, as you could give one as a gift, OR you could put one on the tub/shower and one at the sink, 'cause many clean their face in both locations.

plus, if you are going to be on tv, don't you want really cool items to be shown in your house? (smile)

Valued Contributor

hello, i'm hoping someone that has already received the spade can answer my question.

it could just be me, but the bristles or whatever they are called, look different on the spade then the ones on the leaf. the bristles on the space look round at the end that touches your face and the leaf has pointed bristles. am i right or wrong?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx

Oh, honey, we are here to help!  First off 2 Clarisonics & 2 Popsonic leafs don't even take up an entire drawer, so you are far from being a hoarder.  Secondly, as @SilleeMee suggested, perhaps gift one to a friend (maybe one who has a teen-age daughter who is just starting out).  The Clarisonics clean up nicely, so that they don't look old & tattered.  I recently added a capful of Clorox into my Clarisonic brushhead holder (obviously without the brushhead) & let it soak for a bit.  It was so white & new looking...it looked like I had just taken it out of the box.

I'm not at the point that I want to get rid of my Clarisonics, but they are nicely tucked away in my drawer.  I may still use them & alternate with the Spade, but I don't know...I am really impressed with how well the Spade works.

@SurferWife 

i love your response.

i'm right there with you. i'm not giving up my clarisonics either.

just an fyi, don't let your clarisonics sit too long without charging them. i had a friend that did that and when she recharged it, it no longer worked. i don't remember how long she let it sit without using/charging it, and sadly, she is no longer with us, so i can't ask her.

i just popped over and read the reviews. i read yours and have questions - oh gee what a surprise.  LOL

first, i loved the header for your post

i noticed that you said that you have used it on several speeds. do you need to run it longer using a medium speed to get the same clean as using it on the high speed? i do, with the leaf.

my other question is if you have put your clarisonics in a draw, does this mean that you aren't planning to buy the new $200 clarisonic? (smile)  let's see, 4 spades versus 1 clarisonic, for about the same price and no brusheads to buy and fewer times that the spade has to be charged (saving a little on the electric bill also). hmmm.

i am happy to hear that you like the spade.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife   ,  @SilleeMee 

The product info said it ''pauses every 20 seconds, and automatically shuts OFF after 2 minutes.''

>>Are you able to turn it right back on and use it longer, after it auto shuts off ??

>>Has anyone tried doing that a few times in a row?

They said it can be used for body, and I would want to be able to keep using it longer.

>>Some items CAN'T be turned back on right away, one has to let the item 'cool down' before you turn it back on.

I am surprised it shuts off, unless it HAS to for that reason. I can understand an electric toothbrush shutting off to 'help' one brush right, but I want to decide how long to wash my face, neck etc...I don't know if the other leaf items did this too.

Of course during the 7 minute video, these 'features' weren't mentioned.

And how to charge it was rushed over. As usual, they just keep telling us how great the item is, with little real info.

THANKS for any help, I have been using a small 'manual' silicone sponge pad and this would be better if I can use it longer than 2 minutes at a time.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@shosh 

I honestly can't remember if mine ever turned off automatically and if it did then I must have turned it back on right away. 

Trusted Contributor

@shosh wrote

The product info said it ''pauses every 20 seconds, and automatically shuts OFF after 2 minutes.''

>>Are you able to turn it right back on and use it longer, after it auto shuts off ??

>>Has anyone tried doing that a few times in a row?

They said it can be used for body, and I would want to be able to keep using it longer.

>>Some items CAN'T be turned back on right away, one has to let the item 'cool down' before you turn it back on.

I am surprised it shuts off, unless it HAS to for that reason. I can understand an electric toothbrush shutting off to 'help' one brush right, but I want to decide how long to wash my face, neck etc...I don't know if the other leaf items did this too.

Of course during the 7 minute video, these 'features' weren't mentioned.

And how to charge it was rushed over. As usual, they just keep telling us how great the item is, with little real info.

@shosh ,

I just received my Spade yesterday and love it!

The Spade pauses so that you can move it to a different part of your face during the 2 minute cycle and not miss an area.  The instruction booklet shows 6 areas of the face, two on the forehead, each cheek, chin and neck.

Yes, you can turn it back on after it shuts itself off, multiple times.  No worries, it does not need to 'cool down' between cycles.

However, this device cleans efficiently and you may not need to use more than one 2-minute cycle on your face.  Also remember that you don't need to press down, just glide the silicone nubs across your skin and let the sonic vibrations do the work.

My Spade arrived with a charge so I could use it right out of the box.  However, I decided to charge it just to make sure it had a full charge before I used it. 

The charging cord provided does not come with a wall charger.  One end is the USB cable end that you insert into your laptop or phone charger and the other end has a thin pointy probe that you insert into the charging port on the handle of the Spade.  The charging port looks like a bullseye dot on the back of the handle.  You just push the probe through the silicone outer layer into the port.  Only takes a couple of hours to fully charge it.

If you don't have a laptop or phone charger, you can purchase a wall charger at Walmart.  I had a spare wall charger from my Kindle and it worked just fine. 

I used the reverse side of the Spade to massage in the serum of a Korean sheet mask while the sheet mask was on my face.

I like the spade shape better than the oval shape of the dupe device I bought at Sally Beauty.  The Spade has more speeds than my other device and I love the handle.

I had the original Clarisonic (died), then purchased the Clarisonic Mia and it died after I forgot to keep it charged.  I much prefer the Spade to the Clarisonic.  It's easier to keep clean, no brush heads to buy.  Buh bye, Clarisonic.