Valued Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

@SilleeMee wrote:

Update:  It's really a good thing! Love how easy it was to maneuver around my face, especially around the eyes and nose. The bristles are soft and gentle, not stiff or uncomfortable to glide on my skin. Skin felt soft and smooth afterwards. I like it a lot.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee glad to hear you like it.  I received mine today and look forward to trying it out tonight. I really like the size and softness of the silicone nubs.  Looks like a winner!  I also had a Foreo Luna that broke after a year and a Luna dupe that was stiff and didn't seem effective so I'm hopeful the Spade will be a lot better.  

Honored Contributor

@laurelei wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Update:  It's really a good thing! Love how easy it was to maneuver around my face, especially around the eyes and nose. The bristles are soft and gentle, not stiff or uncomfortable to glide on my skin. Skin felt soft and smooth afterwards. I like it a lot.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee glad to hear you like it.  I received mine today and look forward to trying it out tonight. I really like the size and softness of the silicone nubs.  Looks like a winner!  I also had a Foreo Luna that broke after a year and a Luna dupe that was stiff and didn't seem effective so I'm hopeful the Spade will be a lot better.  

@laurelei 

Please let us know how you like it.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Just an FYI but Clarisonic also sells a brush head with silicone nubs or soft bristles with a silicone ring around the edge of the brush head. It's orange in color and I bought it at Sephora earlier this year. It's $39 U.S. I haven't looked to see if QVC carries it. The brush head fits the Mia and Mia 2. 

I also have a Bluzen knockoff dupe for the Foreo Issa toothbrush that has a silicone brushhead. I bought it at Winners in Canada and never thought it was a good sonic toothbrush but use it on my face in the shower. 

I can see how the Popsonic Spade would be an improvement on the Leaf or Foreo Luna as it has a handle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This Spade is my first PopSonic brush purchase so I really can't compare it to their Leaf. But I will say one thing and that is the Spade is a huge improvement from my Foreo Luna or it's dupe. There really isn't any comparison because the Spade has bristles that are very different from that Foreo. The Spade is superior in comparison as far as cleansing is concerned. For example, the Spade actually exfoliated my face somewhat, where the Foreo did absolutely no exfoliation.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This Spade is my first PopSonic brush purchase so I really can't compare it to their Leaf. But I will say one thing and that is the Spade is a huge improvement from my Foreo Luna or it's dupe. There really isn't any comparison because the Spade has bristles that are very different from that Foreo. The Spade is superior in comparison as far as cleansing is concerned. For example, the Spade actually exfoliated my face somewhat, where the Foreo did absolutely no exfoliation.

I have used my Spade twice and really like it.  @SilleeMee I agree with your comments about the differences between the Luna and its dupes.  I find the Spade to be gentle yet it exfoliates enough to make my skin soft and very clean.  I love the size of the cleansing surface and the silicone nubs are so soft.  The handle is a huge improvement over the Luna.  I'm so glad I purchased this and hope it lasts a long time.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Mine is due this week. I’m so glad to hear your positive review! I’ll post my first thoughts later this week.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I received my Spade & have used it a few times.  I didn't have high expectations because I've always been faithful to my Clarisonic, but each time I have used my new Spade, by face feels thorougly clean AND soft...SOFT!  It's even gentle enough to use on eyelids.  I'm quite pleased; so much so, that I put my precious little pink Clarisonic Mia back in the drawer. Hmmm...is this the beginning of a new love affair...HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I received my Spade & have used it a few times.  I didn't have high expectations because I've always been faithful to my Clarisonic, but each time I have used my new Spade, by face feels thorougly clean AND soft...SOFT!  It's even gentle enough to use on eyelids.  I'm quite pleased; so much so, that I put my precious little pink Clarisonic Mia back in the drawer. Hmmm...is this the beginning of a new love affair...HA!

@SurferWife 

Oh I'm glad you like it. One reviewer on the Q's site said virtually the same thing. Said "Bye bye Clarisonic".Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee thanks for pointing me to the reviews.  I thought it might be too early to see them.  I added mine, but it generally takes a few days to post.  I don't understand why one reviewer thought it was supposed to be charged by plugging it into a cell phone (she doesn't have one).  I'm guessing she doesn't understand the concept of a USB chord & USB port.  She posted a review so my guess is she has a laptop that has a USB port.  Bless her heart.  She had to have misunderstood the charging directions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife ,

I saw that review, also. Wish there was a way to reach out to that person and show them how to recharge the brush. Hopefully the person contacted cs about it and got some help that way. 

I use my Spade on my eye lids, too! It's so soft that you can use it there, just like they show in the video. I just love it so much.Heart My skin just glows after I use it on my face and that makes me really happy.Woman Very Happy