Valued Contributor

new popsonic product - spade

has anyone seen their new face cleaning device?

it's called "spade", 'cause it looks like one

and guess what?
it has a handle.
yeah for that!

the surface is smaller then the leaf, but i don't see that as a problem.

list price is $99.

i think it's really new.

the specs:
- 7 speeds
- anti microbial
- says it will hold a charge for more than 200 uses
- 2 colors blue and pink
- 15,000 vibrations per minute
- it looks like it is a little longer than a clarisonic
- one side cleans and the other side is for massaging

i could see this model being a competitor for clarisonic, especially if the price drops a little and no brush heads to buy.

no, i'm not giving up my clarisonic for this,
but it would be nice to have, somewhere down the road, to use to give my clarisonic a break . . . as in reduce the the number of brush heads i buy.

i already have 2 pop sonics that i bought last year here as a tsv.
i've only used one. the other is still in the box.

my favorite feature is the handle, 'cause some days, its a bit much to hold the pop sonic. another reason that i'm not giving up my clarisonic.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: new popsonic product - spade

I didn't do a product search, @iwrite , but is it rechargeable?

Last time I was interested in a pop sonic product I was surprised to learn at least one of their (smaller) models wasn't rechargeable.

Valued Contributor

@x Hedge 

yes, it is rechargeable. i'm sorry i left that out. i am  relatively new to this product line.

now that you bring this up, the smallest one that came in the kit i got last year isn't rechargeable.

the only place i saw this new model was on their web site. i didn't see any reviews for it on their site, which is why i said that i think it's really new.

Honored Contributor

The Spade looks COOL! I’ve always been a Clarisonic girl, but with this new Spade, I might end up being a convert. I’ve never tried the Leaf because I like gadgets with handles. I have a feeling we will see this at QVC before long. I will buy it. I love my Clarisonic, but recently they’ve redesigned their brushes & they are not getting very good reviews. I loved the “Delicate” brush, but it’s been retired.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

The Spade looks COOL! I’ve always been a Clarisonic girl, but with this new Spade, I might end up being a convert. I’ve never tried the Leaf because I like gadgets with handles. I have a feeling we will see this at QVC before long. I will buy it. I love my Clarisonic, but recently they’ve redesigned their brushes & they are not getting very good reviews. I loved the “Delicate” brush, but it’s been retired.

@SurferWife 

i'm right there with you. i've been a clarisonic girl, since they first came out.
i have no plans on giving up my clarisonic. it's never let me down.
i love it.

like you, i don't like the loreal changes to the clarisonic, including doing away with their most popular and best selling brush heads for something new.

it's not like the new brush heads clean any better or last longer, so why waste r&d money on that?

oh yeah, 'cause somehow the new brushes cost less to make and they charge more.

as for the new mia brush. that's definite, no way jose.

yes, i've read reviews on a few web sites and there seems to be some problems with the new mia.

the first being the price, which varies between $175 and $199.
second is not consistently holding a charge.
third, they fall over because the stand/base is not heavy enough.

i have been washing my face and getting it clean for over a half a century, without some app telling me what to do or how to do it. so, i suspect that i can keep cleaning my face for another half a century without an app. LOL

really? is that suppose to be a selling point?

i don't have a problem using both the clarisonic and this spade.
use one in the morning and the other at night, like i do now, most of the time.

i can tell you that the leaf that i have really holds a charge for months.

i like that because i won't have to charge it every week.

i bought it to reduce the number of brush heads that i buy.
the leaf drys quickly, which i also like.

i've had the leaf since december i think, and have only charged it once.
i swear it charged in like 30 minutes.

having used a clarisonic since it first came out way over a decade ago, i had to get use to the different sensation of the leaf. i could barely feel it working, even though i had it on the highest speed. i guess that's a good thing. that sounds strange, i know.

the one thing that i don't like about the leaf, is that it does not remember the last speed you used. other things like my philips toothbrush remembers the last speed as does my mia2.

i don't think that i was thinking clearly when i ordered the leaf last year, 'cause i know that i have mild dexterity issues and really do better with something with a handle, that i can hold on to. i can give the other leaf away, as i haven't used it, nor the little one that can't be recharged. then i won't feel like i wasted money.

i have dropped the leaf a few times, but somehow managed to catch it before it hit the sink. how, i have no idea. so, when i'm not having a great hand day, i just don't use the leaf.

yes, i think the spade could debut here in the summer and then be a tsv during the holidays. hopefully, with more colors. my vote is for a mint green, light teal or light lavender

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Q sells the Spade now. It's half the price of the one sold on PS website.

I just placed my order for the pink one. Has 5 EPs today.

A345772
Pop Sonic Spade Sonic Cleansing Device $50

a345772.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting us know @SilleeMee!  Can you please let us know how you like it?  I'd like to at least read one review prior to purchasing, since I've never tried any PopSonic product.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Thanks for letting us know @SilleeMee!  Can you please let us know how you like it?  I'd like to at least read one review prior to purchasing, since I've never tried any PopSonic product.

@SurferWife ,

Yes! I will post about it here after I use it. Can't wait!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

It's a very nice design.  I have the leaf and it's not particularly ergonomic, but I still like it  This looks much easier to use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once owned the $100 Foreo Luna but it broke after about a year. Then I found a dupe for it on Amazon for $20 and I still have that one. But I have always thought that these things were awkward to use and to hold on to for me. So when I saw the Spade I knew I had to have it! Woman Happy Hope it will get here soon.