Valued Contributor

Re: new large size korres shower gels

@sueinsf 

you have no idea how helpful your descriptions of the scents are. yes, scents are subjective, but you are just good at describing them. i think many people describe floral scents well, but not so much on other scents, which is where in my opinion, you excel! i don't like floral scents.

there is a liter of the cucumber bamboo still available for $29.50, the last time i checked. yes, i will let you know if i cave. just waiting to see what the tsv is on wednesday. like you said earlier, i suspect it will be olive oil something.

i suspect like many, i could probably start a small store with the amount of korres shower gels and body butter that i have. LOL

i could easily probably go 2 years without buying anything new and not run out. but that isn't the point. LOL it seems that the older i get, the more variety i want. that was so not me in the past. probably for 5 straight years, all i used was basil lemon.

i don't know about you, but i use the korres shower gels for hand wash also. so when i get tired of a scent, i use it for hand wash, as i am not wasting anything!

i am not the biggest fan of the olive oil line . . . but i know that i have hard water and olive oil products tend to be good for that. so, i  just pour some in the bath water and use the mango or whatever to wash with.

yes, there are tons on complaints about philosophy and from my chair, the complaints are justified. i had enough of the the scents that i liked being changed, so i used up and gave away what i had. plus, i wanted way less chemicals. last year, i partially caved and ordered a 2 pack of the gingerbread man, then about 5 minutes later, cancelled it. i knew for sure then, that i was DONE with philosophy! including my beloved purity, which i used from the day it launched, way back when.

i think for the most part, it's the original scents like pure and baby grace that have drastically changed. the novelty scents seemed to be hit or miss.

yep, the korres moisturizer is thicker then any other moisturizer that i have used, but it is a face "butter". i put it on one day when it was in the 90's and in the house in ac, it made me sweat, so i don't put it on when it's 80+ degrees. will save the ones i have for fall and winter.

i thought it was a sample size also, but found out differently.
it's a real size. item #669-189 is $16.

i do like it. i think it's for people that have dry skin, which i don't have.
as i think it will come with the autoship from the last tsv, there is no need for me to buy it separately.

i will put it on my neck to see, but i don't have any neck problems. i just want to have products that provide a lot of moisture, 'cause i think that is one key to preventing disasters, if that makes sense.

would i actually buy it as a separate purchase at some point in the future? probably not, 'cause i like the other moisturizers that i use. and the largest size is small

my normal moisturizer is using one of 3 m asam moisturizers, (did you really think that i would just use one smile) for their various ingredients. in addition to the ingredients, they come in much larger then the normal 'industry' sizes of 1-2 ounces (5+ ounces) and when on sale, the prices are fabulous!

it was either late last year or early this year, the vino gold that i use was two (yes 2) 6.76 oz jars for something like $50 and free shipping.

i REFUSE to buy anything that is ONLY for either day or night. i don't have the time or patience for such.

i so appreciate your opinions and descriptions. you have no idea. thank you.
enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iwrite I am very flattered and glad my posts are helpful.  We are all here to help each other!

I could easily go MORE than 2 years..lol  But for those that take mostly baths (which I do not), you would use far more sooner, so I guess whether you are a shower gal or bath gal does make a difference in how fast you might use things up.

I always like variety and usually have a bunch open so they last me many months.  I'm definitely not one of these people who buys a large size and only uses that until the next scent I open.  I go with what my mood feels like -- am I tired and need a pick me up scent?  Is it hot and I want a lighter formular or more summery scent?  Do I feel like a sweeter scent like a vanilla?  Or very little scent?

I know technically the face butter isn't a sample but I honestly can't imagine anyone paying $16 for that!  Maybe if it goes on sale for $10 and you really want to try it out or have it for travel.  I say sample because they wanted us to "sample" it in that small size so that we might buy it in the larger jar.

I have one of those HUGE Asam moisturizers open - I think it is 13.5 oz!!  I don't really like buying such large sizes (not this large, anyway), even if a good value.  I'd rather buy smaller, fresher jars and change them up periodically. 

Enjoy your weekend as well!

Valued Contributor

@Mistic   @MJDinVegas @sueinsf @icezeus 

the tsv is up!

673-937 $29

3 olive oil body cream tubes, tote bag and a face mask

Valued Contributor

hi @sueinsf 

while checking for the tsv, i saw that the guava mango tsv set is back and still $40 - see, i told you it would (smile)
if you want it don't wait, as i suspect it will sell out fast.

yes, you are very helpful and i appreciate it.

sadly, i don't agree with "we are all here to help". often, i see posts that provide no value, just the opposite. if one doesn't like or use a product, why bother to post that, unless the goal/subject of the thread is to see who doesn't like said product. know what i mean? as my grand mother would say "some things are left better un-said".

i am a bath girl, so i probably use more than you, which probably doens't make my credit card happy LOL

i see absolutely nothing wrong with having a 2+ year supply, as their shower gels and body butters have a 4 year shelf life.

yep, i have 2 or 3 shower gels open and a backup of each flavor because i know some are seasonal because of when an ingredient can be harvested.

now that the yoghurt has come back in a BIG way, i am happy, 'cause it is my no scent, scent. and the one i use most in the winter.

i can't imagine paying $16 or $10 for that size face butter either, but apparently we are in the minority, as it's sold out.

wow! 13.5 oz. obviously, i missed it. which one comes in that size? i don't recall seeing one that size. i have some of their rhinestone jars (maybe 3 ounces), which i put some in from the larger sizes and keep the larger sizes in the fridge. i buy the larger sizes because the price is better and they aren't in stock all year long and i really like them. from time to time, the larger sizes are out of stock for 6 months. other then the 2 pack that i bought, i don't have multiple jars of back up moisturizer.

yep, i think having a variety of moisturizers is a good thing, as they all do or have something different. perhaps, one day, there will be one that has all of the ingredients we want, but i'm not holding my breath for that <smile>

have you tried the m asam sugar scrub? i love it. i don't find it abrasive. it seems like it's not doing anything until you wash it off.

Valued Contributor

@sueinsf 

this would make me happy - a 3 pack of the body butter spray, like you can sometimes get of the body butters. honestly, that is the reason i put the last tsv on autoship, for the spray.

how about you?

i suspect that it may happen, as some of the olive oil sprays come in a 2 pack.

i would like the option of buying multiples of things, as i use up some items faster then others. the sets of 1 each, i always have something left over, so to speak.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

the tsv is up!

673-937 $29

This is an easy pass for me.  I have no interest in the Orchid and not worth it to me for the rest of this kit.  FIne with me as I still have plenty on hand!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iwrite wrote:

@sueinsf 

this would make me happy - a 3 pack of the body butter spray, like you can sometimes get of the body butters. honestly, that is the reason i put the last tsv on autoship, for the spray.

how about you?

i suspect that it may happen, as some of the olive oil sprays come in a 2 pack.

i would like the option of buying multiples of things, as i use up some items faster then others. the sets of 1 each, i always have something left over, so to speak.

@iwrite I got the last TSV to try the body butter spray but it's not an essential for me so I probably wouldn't purchase a duo or 3 pack.  And for me, I always have some body butter left over.

Respected Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

hi @sueinsf 

while checking for the tsv, i saw that the guava mango tsv set is back and still $40 - see, i told you it would (smile)
if you want it don't wait, as i suspect it will sell out fast.

wow! 13.5 oz. obviously, i missed it. which one comes in that size? i don't recall seeing one that size. i have some of their rhinestone jars (maybe 3 ounces), which i put some in from the larger sizes and keep the larger sizes in the fridge. i buy the larger sizes because the price is better and they aren't in stock all year long and i really like them. from time to time, the larger sizes are out of stock for 6 months. other then the 2 pack that i bought, i don't have multiple jars of back up moisturizer.

have you tried the m asam sugar scrub? i love it. i don't find it abrasive. it seems like it's not doing anything until you wash it off.

Thanks @iwrite  I'll have to think about the set in the Guava Mango.  Might just wait for the duo to go on sale at a later time because I could easily wait another year...lol

The Asam Vino Gold cream in that size was a TS.  Also came with a jar of Perfect Teint.

Yes, I've tried the Asam body scrub - - I think I still have 2 in my stash, Vanilla and White Chocolate.  One of my favorites I got from them years ago was a bath and body set (maybe also a scrub, I can't remember) in Apple Strudel. 

Esteemed Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

the tsv is up!

673-937 $29

@iwrite 

I originally had planed on not purchasing, but I caved within a few minutes of the presentation. 

Respected Contributor

I'm passing on the TS.  Yes, I said that.  I'm not crazy about the Olive Oil.  I do have a nice stock of the Body Butters & Shower Gels, and I do love them.  

Now that being said?  I'm sure there are sale prices on the non olive oils.....  So far, I have not looked.  

As for the spray butters.  I do like the lighter consistency, but they will never cut it with my over dry skin come Fall.  Even with this horribly hot and humid summer.  I'm either outside sweating, or all dried up inside with the air-con.  

I do think that is a very good reason to go and look for sales, don't you?  Smiley Very Happy

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey