Respected Contributor

Re: new 613 product....latest info from our friendly wen loving horse Dooters

I really want the 613 oil and hopefully this will be offered soon.

Super Contributor

happy happy joy joy!

I like to layer scents so this will be perfect to use with my 613 perfume!

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 sjk73 said:

I got mine. I just went on QVC's site to see if anything was there yet and the pear and the new 613 body lotion are live. Just ordered them both. You can get any Fall seasonal you wish too either one time or auto delivery. Now, to camp out outside for the UPS guy.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Lol. Hope it arrives soon.
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

It's there. I'm super sad that palm oil is one of the main ingredients, though. That's a problem for me and I'm surprised Chaz would allow it. I hope he'll address that when it's presented.

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

It's there. I'm super sad that palm oil is one of the main ingredients, though. That's a problem for me and I'm surprised Chaz would allow it. I hope he'll address that when it's presented.

Why? What is wrong with palm oil?
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

Palm oil is one of the main causes of the destruction of the rain forest and it's endangering a lot of animals, like the orangutan, sumatran tiger, and many more. They've outright killed tens of thousands of orangutans to get in and tear up the forest. The deforestation has also caused a rise in greenhouse gasses, so it's environmentally unsound for many reasons.

There are groups working on sustainable palm oil, but they're not well regulated and their rules are vague and not very meaningful. I'm hoping Chaz at least picked a sustainable palm oil, but I'd prefer no palm oil at all.

Valued Contributor

Palm oil is one of the main causes of the destruction of the rain forest and it's endangering a lot of animals, like the orangutan, sumatran tiger, and many more. They've outright killed tens of thousands of orangutans to get in and tear up the forest. The deforestation has also caused a rise in greenhouse gasses, so it's environmentally unsound for many reasons.

There are groups working on sustainable palm oil, but they're not well regulated and their rules are vague and not very meaningful. I'm hoping Chaz at least picked a sustainable palm oil, but I'd prefer no palm oil at all.

Wow. I had no idea. I though they just made it from the Palm grown in farms. I know in Florida there are a lot of farms that just grow palms.
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Newtowen said:

Wow. I had no idea. I though they just made it from the Palm grown in farms. I know in Florida there are a lot of farms that just grow palms.

Almost all of he palm oil in food and beauty products comes from the African Palm and most is harvested in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand, as well as Africa. The Sumatran Orangutan is now on the "critically endangered" because of the palm oil harvesting there in Indonesia. Some is harvested in the US, but it's a very small percentage.

I'd feel better if Chaz said his palm oil is sourced in Florida, though I don't know what's going on in Florida to make room for more palm plantations.