Respected Contributor

Re: need recs to bring back the shine in my hair

Get a clear gloss/glaze...the professional type
like Matrix, sold in licensed beauty supply stores...ask any salon if you cant get ahold of it to apply it for you. Its wonderful, and adds some thickness to hair as well as amazing shine.
Respected Contributor

Matrix® Biolage Sugar Shine Illuminating Mist - 4.2 oz.

I use this spray and love it.

Frequent Contributor

I had the same problem. My hair just had no shine. I started using apple cider vinegar as the final rinse after I washed and conditioned my hair in the shower. I use about one cup of apple cider vinegar to one and a half cups of water. I put it in a measuring cup before I shower, so it's at the ready. This has made a big difference in the way my hair looks. I wanted to try something inexpensive and easy to use. It might be something to try before investing in more products.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@SilleeMee, if you dont mind, where do you get the Sebastian product? 

I ordered it from Walmart dot com @pupwhipped 

@SilleeMee, just an FYI: The price if sold by Walmart is basically the same as sold by Amazon: $25.

You can get it for much less through sellers at both sites. I mention this only because some people prefer not buying through third-party sellers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@SilleeMee, if you dont mind, where do you get the Sebastian product? 

I ordered it from Walmart dot com @pupwhipped 

@SilleeMee, just an FYI: The price if sold by Walmart is basically the same as sold by Amazon: $25.

You can get it for much less through sellers at both sites. I mention this only because some people prefer not buying through third-party sellers.

Yes, I believe it was a third-party seller on Walmart's site that I bought it from...for about $15 at the time. @suzyQ3 

Respected Contributor

thanks for the suggestions, y'all Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Josie Maran's Hair Serum.  My original post was deleted and have no idea why.  This hair serum gives you a beautiful, natural shine.  Sold on her website.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I doubt there's a permanent 'fix'; age and processing dull the hair (as I've learned !)  I like Josie Maran's Gloss/Shine on dry hair.  Several brands also make 'quick shine' products, like Frizz-Ease. Try a moisturizing Spray to hydrate and add shine. Always use a good Moisturizer after shampooing (as opposed to Conditioners which can dry out the hair).  Install a Filter on your shower head to reduce chlorine & other junk in your water.  Rinse with cool/cold water. Air dry after cleansing, if possible, and use fewer, or no heat styling tools. Don't forget to take your B Complex vitamins and eat healthy oils/fats.