Frequent Contributor

Re: need cheaper version of bobbi brown tinted moisturizer

Thanks Everyone for the great advice.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I mix half foundation and half moisturiser...gives me the love of a tinted moisturiser.  Very natural and treatment included!

Yes, a DIY tinted moisturizer is easy. I mix my own with a moisturizer, a foundation, and an illuminating primer. And I can customize it by adding more foundation or more moisturizer, depending on how much coverage I want that day.

But do test first. Some combinations I've used work better than others and some oxidize and dry down a darker shade or turn a bit orange.

Honored Contributor

@caheff wrote:

I use Bobbi Brown tm also, but have been using Bareminerals Complexion Rescue more.

I like that it is silcone free and hydrates my mature skin. My daughter loves it too!

@caheff

Thx for posting. I used to use BM powder foundation but stopped since I had itching problems when it was hot for some reason.

I think I will try the Complexion Rescue since BM has 20% off until tonight with free shipping.

I really don't like wearing makeup but could use a tinted moisturizer without all the cones.

Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I just started to use bobbi brown tinted moisturizer and I like it, but it is just too expensive for me. Anyone know of a cheaper version that seems the same? I am 64 and like the look of a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. Thanks for any advice.

@Fionna  You can create your own tinted moisturizer by just combining your moisturizer and a bit of foundation in your hand, mix together before applying. You can vary the coverage by adding or less foundation. BB Tinted Moisturizer in the tube or the balm in the jar are great, but are $$$.