Super Contributor

Hi all, I have been looking for nail polish in taupe family.  In my search, I found Julep Noelle.  It is not at all what I started looking for , but I like it.  It looks like a metallic type light taupe in the online swatches.  Anyone know of a similar shade?  I think it is a matte and I actually don't know if I would like that or not, so a non-matte recommendation would be welcome.  I bought Essie Penny Talk recently for a gift and am excited to see that on nails once I gift it.  tia ~smiles, SnowKita

Trusted Contributor

Hi Snowkita, you might like JinSoon's "Oratorio".  It's not technically a taupe, it's described as a shimmery beige nude but it's sort of taupey-looking.  I like the look of it, I'm going to order it from Sephora.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

i tried penny talk years ago when it came out and it looked terrible on me with my skin tone.  i had to have my manicurist remove it right away.  i'm fair skinned and it just didn't work.

it's a very pretty color and it would look beautiful on the right person.

Super Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i tried penny talk years ago when it came out and it looked terrible on me with my skin tone.  i had to have my manicurist remove it right away.  i'm fair skinned and it just didn't work.

it's a very pretty color and it would look beautiful on the right person.

recipient is not fair.  thanks for sharing that though.

Super Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

Hi Snowkita, you might like JinSoon's "Oratorio".  It's not technically a taupe, it's described as a shimmery beige nude but it's sort of taupey-looking.  I like the look of it, I'm going to order it from Sephora.  Smiley Happy

I'll check it out :-)  thanks