Honored Contributor

Re: my crepy skin solution found!

@donna71 wrote:

Iam 67 so - the skin was not looking good. and AI used nice products but was not winning. my arms and hands looked bad. I watched Dr.Dray on youtube and she recommends vanicream which I never heard of. I found in in Walmart and Target, on the bottom shelf. Gets no love out there in retail. very cheap. also on Amazon.

and WOW. Boomer beauties, take note. myskin looks so good. and no fragrance which was killing me -I don't know why.

Not for the faint of heart. this stuff is like a lotion vaseline. I slater it on, put on some old pjs and go to bed. I also put it on during the day and wear an old long t shirt. It is worth it to me.

I also tried the soap bar and the vanicream gentle facial cleanser and love them both. no fragrance, no itch. love the facial cleanser. I don't wear makeup daily so I can't say for makeup removal.

@donna71

Actually, I've heard of Vannacream, but can't remember where.

Are you saying this has a greasy consistency and takes time to absorb into the skin?   Did you exfoliate first?   Or does this absorb into the skin fairly quickly?  TIA!

Super Contributor

if you have ever tried Philosophy hope in a tube eyecream, the vanicream is similar to it. They both have vaseline in the formula and you have to glide it on.It takes a while to sink in, and it is a heavy barrier cream, not a nice light moisturizer. This is serious stuff for very dry skin.

I don't do much exfoliating because my skin is old and sensitive but hey, why not if you can. I think that would be a great first step. you are to put it on moist skin, and i put a put of oil and serum that I want to use up on first. but it works great just over moist skin.

I am looking at my old arms this am and they look very nice. no sign of crepy skin just very nice moisturized skin. my hands look good for almost 70.I don't need to reapply this morning but I might before I do my yoga, which I do in old pajams at home, lol.

I hope you like it if you try it . I do not know if this has long term results, I don't think so . I think it is maintenance for me. 

Valued Contributor

last night I applied on damp skin afte my shower and it absorbed better, Have used it on my face the last two days, jusy need a little and not greasy at all.

Respected Contributor

I finally decided to give this a try after reading the reviews here. So far I am very pleased with the product. It's nice that it comes with a pump. So no dipping fingers into the jar. My skin is very dry so I don't find that it is greasy at all. However, a little goes a long way. One pump per limb is what I have been doing. Someone posted on Facebook that she likes this better than Skinn Neck Amour. So I will put that to the test on my neck too. Some people have posted that it is is like Vaseline. I did not find that at all. It is a very hydrating cream. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought this cream and found that it is difficult to spread.  Like any other cream, I found that when you keep it in your hands and let it warm up for a few seconds, it thins out and is much easier to spread.

I use one pump and that is enough to cover both arms.  I also use a scrublet to first exfoliate my arms and then apply the cream. 

Honored Contributor

Okay...I bit and bought this stuff the moment i read this post a while back.   Here is my report.  I am almost 70, and have lost a bit of weight and muscle the last year.  I go to gym 4 x a week, and keep fairly fit.  But I have noticed crepy skin on my arms and legs!!! Especially the skin on legs from knee to foot!   I exfolliate, hydrate take collegen, hair skin nails,.  I have used all creams including la mer skin cream, sisley cream, and all drug store.  Still crepy skin.  Also I feel dry.  My blood work is good, so no medical reason BUT age and genes😪😫😖

i used the Vanicream, and by God, it works.  Really works.  I keep cream in a warmer place than my cold bathroom.  I work cream between fingers for a bit.  I pat all over legs, then work ointo skin gently.  It is hard to spread, but warming it in hands, works!  This stuff is inexpensive, and beats the 15 creams I have tried.  

Super Contributor

thanks for posting your success! Isn't it great to have vanicream as your secret weapon, lol. I keep giving it to my friends as a gift and they are  -what?where's the Clarins good stuff? where are all the fancy samples and what's the deal? I actually had a Freeman sleeping mask that I didn't like so I put that on my arms and layered the vanicream over it . wow! 

so happy to find a good product for a good price. also bought the vanicream bar of soap, and ladies, it is a winner for ladies, I will not elaborate. 

lol

dnna