Respected Contributor

Re: my crepy skin solution found!

@snowball wrote:

WOW!!!   I can't believe that you didn't find this cream sticky at all.  And you used it on your hands.  I only put it on my upper arms and couldn't stand the feeling of it on me. 

Maybe I start out a lot dryer than you, Snowball.  Smiley Happy  I even looked it up on Amazon to see if I had ordered the Lite version.  It didn't say Lite on the tub but I looked anyway and it's not the Lite version.

Valued Contributor

It's not sticky on me either. It takes a bit for it to absorb though.

Trusted Contributor

Wow!   I had it on my arms for at least 20 minutes and I just hated it.  

Respected Contributor

This must be one of those love/hate products. I ordered it from Amazon and have tried it for a couple of nights. To me it feels like a cream mixed with a little Vaseline. It doesn't take much and seems to sink in pretty quickly. I like it 👍.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine wrote:

It's not sticky on me either. It takes a bit for it to absorb though.

I don't want it to absorb. It has bad stuff in it. BHT is supposed to be really toxic. But I like it and put it on when I go to bed and don't even know it's on. My arms look good when it's on. I usually shy away from products with such chemical ingredients-but if it makes my arms look good, it's worth it. It's the old, 'desperate times call for desperate measures' thing.

Respected Contributor

I like Vanicream also.  However, I have to use Vanicream Lite.  The original is just too heavy for me and I have super dry skin.

Contributor

VanicreamRe: my crepy skin solution found!

This Vanicream is AWESOME.  Only used it for two days but my skin already looks 90 percent better.  And NO it is NOTHING like putting on vaseline.  It is a tad sticky for a few minutes but nothing like slathering on vaseline.  Been there done that.  Do not believe the hype about the 'horrible' ingredients in it beacause it is all baloney.  I have used many of the "pure" products that I won't even mention and many of them burned the heck out of my skin.  Everyone's skin is different so all those wonderful "pure" products are nonsense. 

Super Contributor

Re: VanicreamRe: my crepy skin solution found!

Ever since I saw this post on vanicream, I ordered it and have been using it for about a week? I love it sooooooooooooo much and...I use it on my face also. It makes my facial skin feel bouncy again. I just love this stuff!!

Honored Contributor

Re: VanicreamRe: my crepy skin solution found!

I bought the Vanicream at Walmart yesterday and used it for the first time last night. I like the consistency, but it could use a little more slip to it if you know what I mean. When it dries down it's not sticky, but it kind of leaves a slight coating on the skin. So far I think it's a great moisturizer at a good price and it doesn't have any thing objectionable in it as far as I can see.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered Vanicreme  from Walgreen's (maybe should have looked at Walmart). I've used it for 3 days on my upper legs and it is a bit sticky at first but that doesn't last long. This lotion does seem to get rid of the crepeiness but it doesn't last for more than a few hours. That said, I'm sure a couple of days isn't long enough to talk about longer effects. I will definitely keep using it and like the short term effects I'm seeing right now. I'm using it after my morning shower but I think I'll also start to use it at night. Overall, I think it's a good product - no product can work miracles, but this one does seem to be doing a job job in the short term!