Esteemed Contributor

Re: moisturizer that sinks in

[ Edited ]

You might look into a moisturizer w/ aloe, which has been proven to penetrate the skin and has all kinds of nutrients that benefit the skin.

Lately, I've been thinking about reverting back to using aloe as my main moisture ingredient.

There's an aloe cream that I just cannot recall (at the moment) what the name is, which is excellent. But I see that others are on the market now, even lotions.

There's Cetephil, Gold Bond, Jason, et.al.

I found it! It was Mill Creek. Vitacost has this for $7.24.

Esteemed Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

CeraVe has a PM moisturizer thats very good.  I've used it before and liked it.  

CeraVe is all I use.  I like hyaluronic acid because our body produces this and it works for me!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Thanks. I'll try Ceravue. Derms like it.

I've been using Retina micro since I was fifty. I started because I got a type of acne from a luchtime peel.

I've continued but now that is for cosmetic reasons have lowered the dose. My excellent derm (who just left the area) told me never to exfoliate when using retina. Also I have extremely sensitive skin. For some reason I react to moisturizers. Not foundation. I use LaRochPosay cleanser. I reacted to their moisturizer.

Contributor

I always have wet fingers when I put moisturizer on my skin. After applying if I need more moisture I add a little more water. Water makes it go deep into the skin.

Trusted Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

I need a night time moisturiser that sinks into skin. I reacted to the Clinique gel like one. For some reason I react to moisturisers. 

I hate the feel of something sitting on top of my face. I'm seventy eight and have combination skin but in the winter need something for dryness.

Do you exfoliate? When creams fail to sink into the skin, it's usually because the dead skin needs to be sloughed off.  I highly recommend a product called Dermappeal by SKINN.  I use it every other day.  It also helps to diminish large pores when used regularly.  

As we age we must get rid of the dead skin - not just on our face but all over our body.  When we were younger it would slough off at a fast rate and not build up.  As we age, we need to assist that sloughing process.  Mother nature is not kind to our older bodies!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I use Cerave PM for day and night. My skins takes it right in and no sticky feeling.
Esteemed Contributor

@Qshopper1991 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

I need a night time moisturiser that sinks into skin. I reacted to the Clinique gel like one. For some reason I react to moisturisers. 

I hate the feel of something sitting on top of my face. I'm seventy eight and have combination skin but in the winter need something for dryness.

Do you exfoliate? When creams fail to sink into the skin, it's usually because the dead skin needs to be sloughed off.  I highly recommend a product called Dermappeal by SKINN.  I use it every other day.  It also helps to diminish large pores when used regularly.  

As we age we must get rid of the dead skin - not just on our face but all over our body.  When we were younger it would slough off at a fast rate and not build up.  As we age, we need to assist that sloughing process.  Mother nature is not kind to our older bodies!  Smiley Happy

I agree about the exfoliation.  I do exfloliate with a buff puff now at least twice a week. However, our bodies do shed it's dead skin naturally.  That's what the dust in your house is.  It's dead skin.....Sometimes we do need to help it along though, so I agree that exfoliation is very helpful!

I used to purchase Ahava Dead Sea Mud and used it once a week.  It was the best.  I mean the best stuff I had ever put on my face.  You only need to do this mud mask like twice a week to start out then once a week.  When I tell you my face was as smooth, clear as a baby's bum, I tell you no lie.  LOL.

They changed formulations, removed the mask just for the face and became enthralled in wrongdoing (imho) by stealing from another country to collect the dead sea mud.  After all of that I gave up on them, but had a good run with them for about five years.  

Dead Sea Scrub & Mask

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life