Esteemed Contributor

A cool mist humidifyer to add moisture to the air, and Pond's Cold Cream for cleansing and moisturizing.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: moisturizer suggestions

[ Edited ]

My derm has me using Vanicream Lite Lotion (I get it at Costco as it's cheapest there).

Based on a recommendation here long ago, I mix 8 drops of argan oil with it at night and 3 drops rose hip seed oil with it for day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I like Dream cream by Dr.Denese.  I use it as my day time moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and you only need a little bit of the product. My skin feels great all day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

With this cold weather and staying in with the heater on, my skin is drying up.  I like Josie Marin Argon Oil, but that is not cutting it.  Do you have suggestions for face moisturizer cream?  I don't want any retonal or exfoliation. What do you like?  I have Josie's sleeping nector duo on my wish list, but some have complained of pilling.

@KKWA I add the argon oil (or marula oil) to my usual day and night moisturizer. I change to a more gentle cleanser and go easy on exfoliation. I also have a humidifier next to my bed that runs 24/7 and another in the TV room where we sit at night w/ the fireplace going. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I found two of your suggestions at Amazon, and ordered.  Still can't get out because of snow. Hope you are all doing well. Karen in WA 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I like Dream cream by Dr.Denese.  I use it as my day time moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and you only need a little bit of the product. My skin feels great all day.

@Fressa,,

I like Dream cream best too. 

Frequent Contributor

I like to use argan milk, then JM unscented body butter as a moisturizer & my face loves it

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  Excellent advice.  I recently purchased a very small one from Target for my bedroom and it is whisper quiet.  Definitely, helps your skin.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

During the cold winter months, I don't use any type of soap or "cleansing" products on my face.  I clean my face with DHC cleansing oil and a warm (not hot) washcloth.  I exfoliate once a week with a mixture of rolled oats, honey and plain yogurt (full fat).  After I exfoliate, I use the DHC cleansing oil and a warm washcloth.  My skin utilizes any moisturizer much more efficiently when the cleansing process has not left it thirsting.  

Respected Contributor

I have dry skin and I love the IT Confidence In A Cream moisturizer.  If you need a little boost, try using the Julep Radiance Booster underneath. I've been using the moisturizer for a long time now and absolutely love it.