Valued Contributor

With this cold weather and staying in with the heater on, my skin is drying up.  I like Josie Marin Argon Oil, but that is not cutting it.  Do you have suggestions for face moisturizer cream?  I don't want any retonal or exfoliation. What do you like?  I have Josie's sleeping nector duo on my wish list, but some have complained of pilling.

Honored Contributor

Re: moisturizer suggestions

[ Edited ]

@KKWA  Give No 7 a try.  They sell it at Target and there are several types to choose from.  I use Beautiful Skin spf 15 for day wear and night time, I use Restore and Renew night moisturizer for face and neck.  Their products are very good and reasonably priced.  If you want to spend a little more check out Herbivore.com.  Different oils are offered and moisturizers all cruelty free and purest of ingredients.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I have found that normal facial moisturizers are not enough in the very dry winter and need to "amp up" by using facial oils first.  Let the facial oil absorb first for at least 30 minutes and then apply a rich moisturizer and that does the trick to lock in the moisture for me.  When winter is over I return to a normal moisturizer so it doesn't feel to greasy and leave off the facial oils.

Respected Contributor

I use the ancient Eb5 whenever I'm really dry (like this week) or if I have to go out to shovel snow. On sale at Walgreen's online.

Honored Contributor

Probably need to get a humidifier in your house. That will definitely help your skin from drying out. 

I like the Olivella Face Serum/Oil/Moisturizer. I wear it during the day and sometimes at night. You only need one drop for your entire face...I mean only one drop. It's a very rich oil. Customer Top-Rated.

Olivella Virgin Olive Oil Deep Moisturizing Serum $22

https://www.qvc.com/Olivella-Virgin-Olive-Oil-Deep-Moisturizing-Serum.product.A159886.html?sc=SRCH

Esteemed Contributor

I've been using Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Miracle Oil on my face and neck this winter, and it's really helped. It's $28 for 3.4 oz and is available on the EA website. For a cream I love CeraVe - very moisturizing, especially on top of the EA product. CeraVe is available at most major drugstores, Target, Walmart, etc. I really like Elizabeth Arden creams, but they're more pricey.

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

I have found that normal facial moisturizers are not enough in the very dry winter and need to "amp up" by using facial oils first.  Let the facial oil absorb first for at least 30 minutes and then apply a rich moisturizer and that does the trick to lock in the moisture for me.  When winter is over I return to a normal moisturizer so it doesn't feel to greasy and leave off the facial oils.

@Good4u, moisturizers should go first. They have ingredients that put moisture into your skin. If you want to help seal that moisture, a oil or balm is excellent to put on afterwards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@KKWA I usually use for my nighttime moisturizer, Dr. Denese Hydroshield Face Emulsion with Aquacell and sometimes I'd put oil on top.  I have tried soo many moisturizers and I really like that product. Lately, my face has been flaking and peeling from the dryness and the Retin A that I've been using for 25 years or more. I have finally found a great product for me that eliminated everything and my skin is great. My husband even remarked about my skin. He has never remarked specifically about my face and its moisturization. It's the Epionce Medical Barrier Cream. It is heavy but works for me!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

@Good4u, moisturizers should go first. They have ingredients that put moisture into your skin. If you want to help seal that moisture, a oil or balm is excellent to put on afterwards.

I don't like it that way...I find the oil will not absorb properly in my skin.  If I do it the way you suggest, it just sits on top of the moisturizer and makes my skin greasy.  So what I do works best for me.  

Respected Contributor

Re: moisturizer suggestions

[ Edited ]

Using a oil cleaner first, then follow up with a hydrating mist followed by JM's Argan Milk for face, let that set ,then seal it with her Argan oil. Spray your face mist truout the day. I like Heritage Rose Water which you can purchase on line ,or at Whole foods. You can also do a 3 method spray of the mist first. HTH I am assuming you like natural products. @KKWA