Valued Contributor

I am one of those people that by the end of some presentations I feel this is the one that will make my face alot better  I dont have fine lines  I have deep lines  Has anyone found something that you were stunned at the change  I have tried everything  Today I was looking at HSNs lady that loves animals  Her stuff sounds great  PTR is due tomorrow   ITasha  Tula  Algenist   I even have tried Perlier  I would love to know what you think

Respected Contributor

Re: miracle workers

[ Edited ]

From everything I've gathered, it appears that only surgery or some sort of peel/resurfacing treatment will take care of deep lines. Topically, however, what appears to make a big difference for a lot of people is prescription-strength Retin-A.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, no, @mollymaggie. I have low expectations for skincare. Mostly, I expect a reduction in the APPEARANCE of fine lines and wrinkles and an improvement in the texture and tone of my skin. That's it.

You might try not watching as many presentations if you find yourself yet again thinking that you have finally found the ONE. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retin-A and Botox. I skip the Botox but use Perricone and Retin-A. Unfortunately I smile a lot and tend to have an expressive face so I think I am doomed in spite of my efforts. I favor half-heartedly fighting the wrinkles battle but definitely prefer the wrinkles and aging to the alternative.  I want to be a very old lady like my great grandmother was and gravity is a powerful foe.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about all the claims that are made.  I am very skeptical!  

Since you say you have deep wrinkles, I would be more inclined to look in to some type of cosmetic option.  All of these potions and lotions, etc. are quite expensive and by the time a person uses this, that and the other thing, you could probably have a good chunk of money toward one of these procedures.

I, myself, don't and can't, invest a ton of money in high price cosmetics and skin care but I don't knock those who do!  I just really think what all skin care and cosmetic items can do is very limited!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My topical "miracle workers" (not that I ever had any other kind - other than topical I mean) have been AHAs, retinol and vitamin C. Ten years ago, I just had changing skin, beginning to get a little rough texture.  I had always kept my eye area moist so that wasn't much of a problem. Except I was starting to get fine lines there.

If I had deep lines I would treat them same way. Only plump the lines out w/ topical, as well as internal, hylauronic acid and any emollient/s on top will do.

p.s. I have no sensitivities, but I did start out w/ Paula's Choice AHA. (I think it was 8%). I haven't moved much up

in the percentages of AHAs, nor have I had to move up the percentages (@.15) of retinol.

The skin solutions out there can only go so far, and for the most part seem very much alike.