Honored Contributor

medium gray eyebrow pencil or powder

I have more gray hair than brown these days.  My eyebrows are too dark with my regular color.   Can someone recommend a gray (not too dark) eyebrow pencil or powder that will stay on all day?   Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: medium gray eyebrow pencil or powder

People with lighter hair, say from blonde through medium brown naturally have darker brows than their hair, while those with dark hair have brows that are lighter than their hair. 

I wonder if the taupe shade would work for you? I use Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow but I use granite. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I quit using my eyebrow pencil which never seemed to be perfect no matter what I chose, and began dying my eyebrows. What a nice convenience and they look great

Regular Contributor

I use the YBF eyebrow pencil found on HSN. My hair is grey and I found so many pencils had some red in them, which I do not need because grey is cool toned, so it never matched. The YBF pencil does not seem to have that red in it so it looks good with my brow color and my hair color.

Respected Contributor

I have white hair, and very light eyebrows - almost invisible.  I get a grey pencil from IT cosmetics, and it works beautifully.  Light brown shade with grey undertones?  Can't describe it well, but it is perfect for me. Check it out. I prefer it to the IT powder/brush.

Honored Contributor

I have many grey hairs in my brows too.  The color I use is a soft taupe.  Gives my brows some color and it covers the grey hairs.  I buy product from 'mommy makeup' via beauty.com. Good price, lasts a long time.

Respected Contributor

i have grey hair too.

i know you asked for a pencil or powder, but i have tried many of those and never did find the perfect one.

what i use now (and i can't recommend it highly enough) is the anastasia dip brow.  i tried several different shades, till i finally settled down on the blonde shade.  it's perfect.  

i wish you luck! 

Honored Contributor

My hair is Salt n Pepper. Stopped coloring 4yrs ago. Funny thing is depending on lighting my color takes on different color. Feel your pain! Lol Finding the right brow product. Imo depends on the individual. How much brow hair and effect. Some days you want different look. That's just me. Right now, Using up my stash of Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe. Have to say love this pencil! Wears beautifully!!! Through humidity. My only complaint, Run out quickly. Suggest you go to ULTA or Sephora test different lines and shades. Brows are important! Don't wear makeup daily, However I never go a day without doing my brows. Goodluck! 😊
Regular Contributor

A233755
Laura Geller Tri-Tip Applicator Brow Marker Duo has a charcoal color--it's what I use.
Esteemed Contributor

My eyebrows are a mix of dark blonde and light gray with a few bald spots.  I've always used Cover Girl's light taupe pencil.  It comes in a 2-pack with a sharpener.  It's cheap and easy to find, and it's also the perfect color for me.  If I don't rub it or scratch my eyebrows, CG's pencil lasts all day until I wash it off at night. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt