Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@Tricolor  I have 3 N95 respiratory masks. The type with the exposed filter. That type is fine as far a breathing but of course with any mask breathing is a bit restrictive. I got them from a friend in the medical field. I did not wear them more than once. I did buy KiBreez disposable masks at Ace Hardware. 3 layers of protection with a filter. 10 masks for 9.99...Bought 60! I also wear eye protection also from Ace. 3M anti-fog goggles (not for swiming) they are great! Clear lenses & never fog up & ajustable. Its not required but I feel my eyes are protected from fluids they might be in the air when grocery shopping which I have extended every 3 wks. Still wear my mascara LOL!

@Kabella , so nice to hear from you. It sounds like that you are well stocked now. All of this certainly has cut into our beauty discussions. Lol! We will just have to learn to live with this new virus. Something that I never thought that I would see in my lifetime. Stay safe and so nice to see you.Heart

Respected Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

reply to KatCat1---what I was saying is that I want to give an American a job and give my $$ to an American in America!---------------------------marynj

You have no assurance that a mask that is made in the U.S.A. is made by someone with a job as opposed to freelancing or gig production, and no assurance that that person is a U.S. citizen. There are an estimated 325,000 undocumented immigrants in North Carolina. And you have no way of knowing whether the $$$ you paid will be reinvested in commerce that benefits the local area or state or sent to another country.

But one thing you can know is that the need to live in a safe place and be able to buy food are universal, and regardless of the nationality of the person who made your mask, you most probably helped him or her get through another day. That seems like a good thing, full stop.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  Good to hear from you as well. Stay Safe Sweetie Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: masks not made in USA

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Wrong.

They may prevent the wearer from transmitting the virus (one mode of transmission, BTW). And notwithstanding that, it's already been established that non-medical grade masks, which most are wearing, are only "better than nothing."

Enough with the definitive statements about the efficacy of face masks.

Please stop giving the wrong information.  This is directly from the CDC Website as of this a.m. 5/21:

Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others

• You could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick.
  • Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.
    • Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
  • The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
  • Do NOT use a facemask meant for a healthcare worker.
  • Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.