Super Contributor

looked @ masks on sale on shop hq--made in mexico--so I didn't order--looked @ masks on qvc--imported--so I didn't buy from either shopping channel--I did order and did receive a mask from etsy--it's an animal print with orange border--it was probably $20 but I know it was made here in USA from someone in north Carolina--I'm very happy to help a fellow American-------------marynj

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you. I bought some masks off of eBay and Walmart.com - both were made (and sent!) from China. I bought two very pretty breathable, handmade in the USA masks off etsy. The seller I bought from was amazing! She sent it out the same day - and its wonderful quality. 

Honored Contributor

More than likely the fabric was imported though.  

Respected Contributor

Pat had masks in her show this morning by Lug. Not sure where they are made, however info does say imported. 

Valued Contributor

@danedylan And they were made out of 100% polyester not cotton. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope we have learned at least one lesson during this pandemic. Never depend on other countries to supply us with equipment for life-and-death medical treatments. Many of the China-made masks and other equipment were defective. States bidding and competing against each other raised the price of much-needed supplies. It seems heartless to look for profits in people's suffering but that's the way it is.

Honored Contributor

Most masks I've seen available to order are coming from China. It's so simple I'm just making my own.

Respected Contributor

Same here. I bought some masks from Etsy, even though it is more expensive than other big retail chains, but I know I am supporting individual American Artisans, and I am happy about that.

Honored Contributor

Re: masks not made in USA

[ Edited ]

@cactusgal wrote:

@danedylan And they were made out of 100% polyester not cotton. 

@cactusgal   Those paper disposable masks are difficult to breathe through and should only be worn once. I ordered a stack of asst. dog scarves from a pet supply site....a perfect triangle already or a square to fold into a triangle. Just tie around your face/head. Done.

Respected Contributor

In heathcare facilities the surgical masks and the last delivery of N 95 masks are all from China, one side of the boxes are written in Chinese the other side English.

We are not permitted to wear cloth masks only.  Cloth masks can be wore over surgical though.   We were told the cloth masks are useless against the spread of COVID .