Esteemed Contributor

I love a pop of color on the lashes (particularly cobalt and navy), but evidently these colors do not sell well.  Every few years the mainstream companies will come out with colors, but they go away quickly.  At this time I have to say my colors of choice are in the Blinc line.  They're Real has a navy, but it is not always in stock at local store counters.  You may have to order it online direct from Benefit (or HSN).   

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy L'Oreal's Voluminous in cobalt.  I had a gift card to Amazon and bought a bunch of them, in case it goes out of fashion (again).

Great Lash by Maybelline has been doing the blue thing for decades but I haven't seen it recently.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I've never tried it, but I've seen L'Oreal's burgundy mascara in Walgreen's and Target.

Respected Contributor

Re: mascara colors

[ Edited ]

L'Oreal Voluminous navy blue (I've used this for decades) and (as another poster suggested) burgundy. I love both.

I'm also going to try Shelbelle's recommendations.

Honored Contributor

Years ago, there was a drugstore cosmetic company called Jane that I believe was owned by Estee Lauder.  They had a burgundy mascara that was beautiful and the formula was fantastic.  It was my go to mascara as the shade was perfect for my green eyes and it truly showed as burgundy on the lashes.  Then the company went out of business.

I recently bought the Voluminous Burgundy and I'm not a fan.  I have dark lashes and this really doesn't show as burgundy at all.  Something seems different about the formula to me too.  It doesn't do well on its own.  I am using a black mascara first and then putting the burgundy over it to get the volume and length I want.

Almay discontinued their I-Intense color mascara.  I'd have to think if it's being found somewhere, it's old stock.

Regular Contributor

I have been using the L'oreal brand in burgundy. I really like it with my bronze eyeliner. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't look, but I bet Avon has colored mascara.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I bought navy mascara from Estee Lauder a couple of years ago.  Do a Google search for colored mascaras.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@VenturaHighway

Thanks for the rec.  Visited the Blinc website and have one question perhaps you could answer.  Will the water resistant tube formula make lashes droop after application?  I wear waterproof b/c regular formula mascara makes my lashes droop after curling them.  TIA

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

@pommomI have never had any problem with them drooping. I love this mascara. I have used it for years and years. I like it because it is a tube mascara. I use Purity and I don't have to rub the tender skin around my eyes because the tubes just slide off.