Honored Contributor

Re: makeup that looks natural for older women

[ Edited ]

@Quinny @Quinny@I noticed that It makes a color correcting moisturizer that blocks all redness. I just saw this at Sephora. See the next post for pictures and details.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

I was thinking about It cosmetics, but now thinking of something else. What foundation do you like for older women that feels more natural? I have sensitive skin,few wrinkles and would like something that does  not feel heavy.

Anyone tried the Boots No 7 products? Any advice would be helpful.

Doesn't this depend on the issues you have with your mature skin?  Everyone doesn't have the same problems.  Some older women have no skin issues.  If I were not taking a diuretic for a health issue, my skin would not be as dry as it feels.  I no longer want matte foundations that promise to be good for both dry and normal skin.  I must use something radiat and natural.

So, what are your needs today @Fionna .  I'm told Shanus is good with giving makeup advice on here too.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's best to not wear a full coverage foundation if you are older. It would be better to just use a foundation of your choice and then apply that lightly. Use a concealer if necessary but don't use more foundation to cover imperfections.  Less is more when you are older. Women of a certain age don't have naturally perfect skin so why try to make it look like it is.

That's what makeup is for @SilleeMee .  To hide imperfections.  Why buy it if it would give you the results you need?  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@65and fabulous 

Everything I have tried from Jamie of IT Cosmetics has been the absolute best!  

I am nuts about her brushes.

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Fionna You have a lot of good recommendations, so you can see it is going to be some trial & error. 

It is as much about your skin & how you apply the products as just being for "older" women.

I am old, but my skin is oily & breaks out from everything.I need coverage, but I don't want it to look heavy. I also like a satin finish. I don't like fully matte, but I don't like anything "dewey" or "luminizing". It looks oily on me, would slide right off of my face & probably break me out.

I don't use any of the Boots products, so I can't comment on that.

I love Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation when I want some coverage & Fenty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Powder Foundation for quick days or when I can use a lighter coverage. 

Ulta has Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base Mineral Powder Foundation on sale tomorrow, 50% off.

I have heard good things about it & always wanted to try it, but it is very rarely discounted. 

Good luck with your search. I hope you find something that you love.

Sounds like you have my skin which seems to be rare.  When you are older (70) and have oily skin, wrinkles, sagging and breakouts it is hard to find a foundation that does not make things more noticeable.  The oil just floats the foundation around the face and emphasizes every wrinkle you did not know you had.  Not to mention feeling icky and heavy.  You have to powder anyway so I find a powder foundation the best.  I have not loved Bare minerals, Pure, It, Mac powder or any other powder foundations I have tried.  I am using Wander and it is okay but not my holy grail.  Maybe I will try Fenty powder and the balance and brighten.  I wish there was a web site that sold samples of every foundation and color on the market.  

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  Your Welcome Smiley Happy I think you will love CR & Original on top. It gives such a flawless look. Those 2 together are magic!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's best to not wear a full coverage foundation if you are older. It would be better to just use a foundation of your choice and then apply that lightly. Use a concealer if necessary but don't use more foundation to cover imperfections.  Less is more when you are older. Women of a certain age don't have naturally perfect skin so why try to make it look like it is.

@SilleeMee   I agree 100%. The more makeup applied to "older" skin, the "older" you look. That includes heavy foundation, blush, bronzer and eye makeup. If someone gets heavy handed, you can end up looking like "Baby Jane"...not only older, but dated. Natural is always better.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee   I agree 100%. The mre mkakeup applied to "older" skin, the "older" you look. That includes heavy foundation, blush, bronzer and eye makeup. If someone gets heavy handed, you can end up looking like "Baby Jane"...not only older, but dated. Natural is always better.

......or look like you belong in a casket...lol!   @Shanus 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee   I agree 100%. The mre mkakeup applied to "older" skin, the "older" you look. That includes heavy foundation, blush, bronzer and eye makeup. If someone gets heavy handed, you can end up looking like "Baby Jane"...not only older, but dated. Natural is always better.

......or look like you belong in a casket...lol!   @Shanus 

@SilleeMee   So true. Maybe a desired look for the end of October. Lol