Trusted Contributor

Re: makeup that looks natural for older women

I forgot to mention, applying under eye and spot concealer after my CC cream helps to keep those products from looking cakey and settling into fine lines and creases.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

You sell yourself terribly short.  You are a beautiful woman, and your skin is amazing and looks like velvet!  You do and will look good in anything my Dear!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24. Looks like skin. You might need a primer. No settling into lines. Use a real damp Beauty Blender, preferred, or a good foundation blush (Try Real Techniques for a value brush that is good quality) to apply. Lancôme's website has deals and lots of freebies when you buy there. Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray will keep this foundation and any concealer you use from coming off on your mask.

Valued Contributor

I am 72 and I really like IT cosmetics. I've been using the liquid CC cream for a few years now; I just took the leap to the "powder" Celebration Foundation Illumination, and it is FABULOUS!!  I think you will love it too. Not drying or powdery at all. I am now a huge fan.

Trusted Contributor

I find a liquid foundation works better on my skin.  Powder makes my skin look dry and I don't even have dry skin.  I recently tried a light application of L'Oreal TruMatch and like it a lot.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's best to not wear a full coverage foundation if you are older. It would be better to just use a foundation of your choice and then apply that lightly. Use a concealer if necessary but don't used more foundation to cover imperfections.  Less is more when you are older. Women of a certain age don't have naturally perfect skin so why try to make it look like it is.

@SilleeMee 

What are your thoughts on when to apply concealer & why?  Before or after foundation?

@SurferWife 

I've always applied concealers first but I think it's a matter of personal preference really with which order you like to do it.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I've got to try this sooner or later.  

@Fionna 

I have several foundations and skin tints in several different formulas.  My favs are:

For a silky smooth full coverage, Lancome Tient Idole

For med buildable coverage Fenty Pro Filt'r Matte or Hydrating.

For sheer coverage Fenty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  I have Complexion Rescue & also the Original foundation. Sometimes when I use that tint, I will top it off with the Original. But have not been wearing foundation often because when I am out & about, I still wear a mask except with family & a few friends.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  AMEN & your beautiful just the way you are Heart

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@beach-mom  I have Complexion Rescue & also the Original foundation. Sometimes when I use that tint, I will top it off with the Original. But have not been wearing foundation often because when I am out & about, I still wear a mask except with family & a few friends.

Thank you for the recommendation @Kabella

I was later than most trying Bare Minerals. I had heard of them, but I never paid much attention. Then I watched a show and just loved Jessica's enthusiasm and knowledge. So I ordered! 

I have the original foundation and I will try this! I am still wearing full makeup most days, and I have to look good at a distance twice a week.  Smiley Happy