Frequent Contributor

makeup that looks natural for older women

I was thinking about It cosmetics, but now thinking of something else. What foundation do you like for older women that feels more natural? I have sensitive skin,few wrinkles and would like something that does  not feel heavy.

Anyone tried the Boots No 7 products? Any advice would be helpful.

Trusted Contributor

Re: makeup that looks natural for older women

If you have good skin, a BB cream is a younger, more natural look.  I mix a little foundation with moisturizer to make my own.

Honored Contributor

Bare Minerals powder foundation by Bare Escentuals.  Quick learning curve, natural looking.  It took me one entire year after Leslie Blodgett started selling it on QVC for me to believe them.  I think the demos on Maria, the blonde model, finally convinced me to try it.  I've never switched. 

Honored Contributor

@Fionna   I like Perricone No Foundation Foundation (not the serum which is heavier but the original.  It is light and does not give the appearance of heavy foundation or any foundation but just great skin. 

Honored Contributor

Laura Mercier in the little black tube with SPF.  It works for me.  I wish it were a little drier, but all in all I like it. 

Respected Contributor

If you want a powder foundation my faves are Pur Minerals or Laura Geller.

For liquid I like It Cosmetics CC Cream, I mix it with some moisturizer or Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base. From the drugstore my favorite is PF Healthy Foundation, though it is getting harder to find!

I do use a pressed powder from #7 that I like very much!

AND always sunscreen!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Fionna 

Too Faced Born the Way foundation provides a beautiful, natural looking coverage.  I prefer to apply it with a sponge vs. a brush and it covers all my imperfections, but looks natural.  I have several foundations, yet this one is my go-to, even more so than my IT CC Cream.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I just use a little concealer to take the “edge” off my under eye circles or if I have any redness on my smile lines.

Honored Contributor

You're right, heavy makeup on older women looks like they're trying too hard. But I don't know what to recommend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's best to not wear a full coverage foundation if you are older. It would be better to just use a foundation of your choice and then apply that lightly. Use a concealer if necessary but don't use more foundation to cover imperfections.  Less is more when you are older. Women of a certain age don't have naturally perfect skin so why try to make it look like it is.