Trusted Contributor

Re: looking of epilator recommendations - Emjoi & other brands

@bebe777  I have the emjoi erase like the 1st one pictured but mine is almost 2 years old I think.  Love love it!  I'm using it on my legs and chin and upper lip mostly.  It pinches but you get used to it.  My mom is 80 and she uses it on her chin/lip too.  I'd never get a rechargeable or battery one because I want full power to get it over with  LOL

My sister was here for Christmas and was so excited to show me the one she got.  Her husband had done all the research for her and bought the best one.  Why she had him do it I don't know..... well hers was a rechargeable emjoi with about 10 vs 60 tweezers.  LOL she tried mine and immediately asked where to order one.  Told her if I had bought one like hers I don't think I would have kept it and not liked epilating at all.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 I have the Emjoi Erase from a couple years back and I love that thing, especially for my upper lip, sideburn area and jawline...all areas where my hair is fine, but dark and thick. I highly recommend getting one that plugs in instead of battery operated.

It does hurt some, I won't lie, but the results are worth it! I use it probably once a month or so. Mine came with a shaver head, too, and I use that to keep things under control between times.

I do still have to pluck a number of really coarse hairs that tend to grow flat under/against my skin, especially on and under my chin.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777

Hey bebe, I hope all is well.  I know this an old post of yours but in case you or your friend are still in the market for an epliator, I have fallen in love with Emjoi EpiSlim A268559.  I use it on my chin and upper lip and the results are amazingly beautiful and amazingly low on pain.  As Shawn would say, I am obsessed with it. 

You have probably found a solution by now, but I thought I'd throw my recommendation out there.  Love this crazy little thing!

Trusted Contributor

I so wish I could use one, and I tried many times, but all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I have had the EpiSlim for years, love it for the face. I also have the Emjoi Erase plug-in unit, I like having consistent power when using on my legs.

I have never had a pain issue with these, except in the very beginning, now I feel nothing but smooth legs! But then I do not have much hair left between home laser and epilating!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

I hear you.  And I am not suggesting that I don't feel anything but with the EpiSlim I feel very little.  I only use it for the upper lip and chin -- I don't have lots of unwanted hair elsewhere so the occasional shave under my arms and on my legs is plenty good.  One trick that works for me is to do the epilation while I am watching TV.  If my mind is on something else and I'm not staring in the mirror waiting for the hair to be pulled out, it is almost painless.

LOVE how smooth my face feels now.

Trusted Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

I hear you.  And I am not suggesting that I don't feel anything but with the EpiSlim I feel very little.  I only use it for the upper lip and chin -- I don't have lots of unwanted hair elsewhere so the occasional shave under my arms and on my legs is plenty good.  One trick that works for me is to do the epilation while I am watching TV.  If my mind is on something else and I'm not staring in the mirror waiting for the hair to be pulled out, it is almost painless.

LOVE how smooth my face feels now.

This is what my SIL says but I have tried so many times and get through more than 30 seconds without crying.  I gave birth twice with no drugs but can't do this little thing...go figure.Smiley LOL.  I am so jealous of those who can use this gadget!

Contributor

I have The Emjoi Erase  A271904 and love it.  It does hurt but it doesn't bother me like it did when I first started using it. For me I can go a month or more without shaving. Goodbye chin stubble!

Trusted Contributor

I was curious about an epilator, so I looked on Walmart's website and found a Remington one for 25 dollars.  This was last summer.  I used to shave under my arms, but it became tedious.  So I tried waxing, which I liked, but that became tedious too.  So now I'm on an epilator.  I've wondered about laser hair removal, but don't know too much about it, both pain-wise and money-wise.  For now, my epilator is working nicely.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Trusted Contributor

I know I bought one in the past and thought it hurt or whatever. I recently bought the A271904 and I LOVE it. My underarms are smooth like a baby's bottom. My chin and upper lip are bare. I can't say how much I love it. It will sting the first time you use it on your underarms but then do it often and you will not feel it and you will be so glad you did it. No more shaving. I use it on my legs to but I don't have that much hair on my legs. I just like to keep the under arms and chin smooth. It is the best. Seriously I don't think you need the more expensive ones. This one rocks.