Trusted Contributor

Re: looking for light weight unscented moisturizer for daytime

@KCDiva    I would highly recommend Philosophy ...Take a Deep Breath moisturizer.  

Trusted Contributor

Lots of good answers here, and of course different people need different things. I've used Clinique dramatically different for many years. It's reasonably priced, not animal tested. And they have come out with a range of I think 6 different versions now. The new pinkish one is the lightest. Plus, unlike many skin care lines, you don't find a good product only to have it discontinued next year.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all. I have a couple separate sunscreen products and since I don’t like wearing it I expect the feeling of my skin when I put it on. But working from home I just want a clean feeling face sometimes if i’m not going out. Today for some reason I felt extra tacky. I will have to try some of these products. 

Respected Contributor

I recommend Clinique's Moisture Surge.  It is super light and moisturizing. If you get it from Macy's now. It is 15% off beauty item with code on their site.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is there an echo in here?  I also highly recommend CeraVe PM during the daytime.  I have oily skin and the lightweight CeraVe PM does not make my skin 'greasy' (a big plus for me!).

For a sunscreen, I use ColorScience finishing powder. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

I use Olay Complete for sensitive skin. It is very light ..I never know it is on.

Occasional Contributor

I love Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream.  It is really moisturizing but is not tacky.  It's really lightweight.  I have sensitive skin, but have had no reactions at all.  It literally feels like water on the skin but stays hydrated.  He is running a bunch of specials on his web site right now.  I bought the supersize TSV with the big moisturizer, the night cream, peeling gel, and serum.  The serum wasn't my favorite.  

Trusted Contributor

I think I have tried everything out there and always end up going back to Neutrogena, they have many to choose from but I always get one that has some SPF in it. It is always my favorite brand. And the price is right, too. 

Valued Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I am looking for a light summer daytime moisturizer. I don't want it to feel like I have anything on my face. I can't stand the tackiness I am feeling in this humidity. Also unscented if possible. My skin is not oily. I would just like something to go into the skin and feel weighless.  TIA 

Several products come to mind:

1.  Straight Hyaluronic Acid or Purified Squalene (from Amazon or PTR on Q) - great because they're also nourishing.

2.  A lightweight CLEAN Primer + Light Moisturizer (maybe Bare Minerals)

3.  One of several 'creams' which are mostly Hyaluronic Acid & Glycerin, but many of them have strong added fragrance.

Personally, when the weather is warm I just use a tiny bit of one of my lightest weight moisturizer, better if it has some mineral SPF protection.  Gotta put something on bare skin these days.  PTR makes several "masks" (Rose, Cucumber, Marine) which feel really clean and cool on the face when it's warm outside -- use just a small amount if not masking.  Lots of CLEAN gel-type skin products on the market these days.  Just don't get anything with added fragrance, it's Awful.

Valued Contributor

@GoDucks wrote:

I love Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Cloud Cream.  It is really moisturizing but is not tacky.  It's really lightweight.  I have sensitive skin, but have had no reactions at all.  It literally feels like water on the skin but stays hydrated.  He is running a bunch of specials on his web site right now.  I bought the supersize TSV with the big moisturizer, the night cream, peeling gel, and serum.  The serum wasn't my favorite.  

FYI - I bought that Cloud Cream when it first came out. I didn't use it for a couple weeks, them when I opened the jar Nasty fumes hit my nostrils!  Smelled like a nasty chemical, really awful.  I got a full refund from QVC and I had to return it so PTR Quality Control could figure out what happened.  I never ordered it again but when it was NEW I loved it.  The Clinique gel is good too but I'm now eliminating all 'Non-Clean' products, slowly but surely.  I've read great reviews about Alpyn Serum so I've ordered it.  Love the Moisturizer.