Contributor

Hi.  I'm 59 and my upper lip is disapprearing, lol.  I'm trying to find something that really helps, just even a little.  Any tried and true products? thanks so much.

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine, at 56 found that her lip color and shape were fading away. She sought out a professional cosmetic tatoo artist who gave her stunning, natural lips. When I saw her again, it changed her whole face. They were not puffy nor did they have that unnatural collagen filled appearance. They looked like lips she was born with. And she didnt need lipstick anymore. I was so jealous! I saw her again last year at 61 and her lips still look great. If I weren’t such a chicken, I would take the plunge for the color alone and ditch lipstick.

Respected Contributor

Sounds great, I’m chicken too, not all results are as pleasing.

Valued Contributor

The couple of lip plumpers I tried irritated my lips so I had to wash them off right away to stop the burning. It was a while ago so I don't remember which ones they were.

Regular Contributor

Re: lip plumper?

[ Edited ]

I really like Grande Cometics clear lip plumper, as well as their liquid lipsticks. I also started using sleeping lip masks (la neige and nooni water blending lip mask) that really feel good and keep my lips moist til the morning. I’m 59 too, for another month anyway, and I think keeping the lips moisturized is half the battle! 

Respected Contributor

@Reneeawrote:

Hi.  I'm 59 and my upper lip is disapprearing, lol.  I'm trying to find something that really helps, just even a little.  Any tried and true products? thanks so much.

I'd also like some recommendations for this. I'm noticing the same problem along with fading lip color. I'm finding I have to use darker color lipsticks in order to see my lips and not look washed out. Lighter colors no longer look good on me and don't show true. My lips no longer have that nice pink color they once did.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Besides the right treatment, a good makeup artist can help with application of the right lipstick in the right way.

I used to work with a lady with almost no top lip, but you would never know it.   She knew how to apply lipstick to give the allusion of a full top lip.

Honored Contributor

I use Skinn lip plumper and really love it. It works for me.  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

HI @Reneea

i, like you, noticed my upper lip disappearing and started the buying binge of products. I have used a lip plumping lipstick for the last 5 years but needed something more. The one that works the best for me is Signature Club A Full-Fuller-Fullest Lip Plumper Capsules. Adrienne's products are hit or miss for me. This one was a huge hit! Right now, HSN has BOGO for $30. I forget how many capsules are in each box but I can get three uses out of one capsule. I followed instructions and put capsule on lips before bed. I noticed immediate results in the morning. The reviews are all over the place, but I can say they work for me and I am getting great results. I have highly sensitive lips with frequent cold sores. Many of the peppermint lip plumping products bring on a cold sore or irritation. No problems with these capsules.