Esteemed Contributor

Re: lemon perfume

[ Edited ]

@RedRedHair wrote:

@Tique  Yes, please let us know about the fragrance.  Although I'm not certain this is the exact lemon fragrance by Carthusia as they do make several scents, I think it's the one for which they are known.  Regardless, the one you'll be sampling sounds lovely.  Looking forward to your report.  

thanks for the information on this thread. I ordered 3 different samples of Carthusia lemon scents yesterday. it's hard to tell from a description, but all three seemed very lovely with a light lemon scent I've been looking for.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Regular Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Looking forward to your evaluation of the fragrances.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@RedRedHair wrote:

@Tique  Yes, please let us know about the fragrance.  Although I'm not certain this is the exact lemon fragrance by Carthusia as they do make several scents, I think it's the one for which they are known.  Regardless, the one you'll be sampling sounds lovely.  Looking forward to your report.  

thanks for the information his thread. I ordered 3 different samples of Carthusia lemon scents yesterday. it's hard to tell from a description, but all three seemed very lovely with a light lemon scent I've been looking for.

Let us know please,i may have to order samples also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Re: lemon perfume

[ Edited ]

@RedRedHair wrote:

I hope I can remember this correctly.  There's a small island off of Italy -- I don't think it's Sicily -- that has produced a specific type of lemon for centuries.  As well as being used for consumption, the lemons are used in perfume making there on the island.  I do believe you can have it shipped to you.    

Sfusato Lemons in Positano, Italy. My mouth is watering just thinking of all the beautiful lemon scents in Italy!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Regular Contributor

My sister sometimes wears Fresh "Sugar Lemon". It smells really nice. I can't wear it myself because my skin is highly allergic to lemon oil -- poison ivy style.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

The perfume maker is Carthusia on the Isle of Capri.

Thank you so much, I am going to look it up and hopefully they have something affordable.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@RedRedHair    @goldensrbest    I located this on the Smallflower site. They have a sample size of .7 ml  for $4. There is a Smallflower store in my downtown area. I will pick up a sample on Tuesday and report back. I also included the description in case anyone is interested.

Mediterraneo Eau de ToIilette by CarthusiaSample - Mediterraneo Eau de Toilette by CARTHUSIA

Product Description:

Would you love to try Mediterraneo Eau de Toilette? Order a sample and ensure it's the right fragrance for you. With Smallflower's convenient sample program, you can experience any number of fragrances, at a fraction of the cost of a full bottle, before you buy.

Samples are either packaged by the perfume house, or hand-poured here at Smallflower and presented in a 0.7 ml size (each 1 ml vial is filled 3/4 full for ease of application).

Please note: The color of the fragrance in the sample vial you receive may differ from the image shown.

About Mediterraneo Eau de Toilette:
Mediterraneo is dedicated to the cradle of the great civilizations of Europe, Africa, and Asia- the Mediterranean Sea. The fragrance blends the classic and clean freshness of citrus with sparkling notes of tea. Mint is a brilliant, understated opening to this fragrance that sweetens and reveals the multi-dimensionality of every succeeding note.

Lemon emerges, through mint’s green gaze, as a yellow diamond of sweet, tart, and floral dynamics. Simultaneously dry and lush, lemon’s floral sparkle eventually segues into the matte, complex camphorics of eucalyptus. Litsea cubeba possesses a fruity, evergreen energy that fills the core of Mediterraneo with a sap-sweet fuel.

Two different bergamots imbue Mediterraneo with it’s full, juicy texture, that brims with an ebullience. Jasmine is a tangy, ripe iteration of itself, that never veers into the animalic or indolic. Cardamom highlights jasmine, it’s cool, floral spice tempering jasmine’s effusive overtures with a collected, pensive calm. Wild flowers are the top of the soft meadow upon which this fragrance rests, afloat on mandarin’s bright bite and grounded in the pillowy mounds of white musk.

An irresistibly fresh, succulent scent, Mediterraneo conveys the ample wealth of Capri. Deeply evocative, Mediterraneo is an escape you’ll make daily.

(mint, lemon, eucalyptus, litsea cubeba, double bergamot, jasmine, cardamom, wild flowers, mandarin, white musk)

Now this sounds like something I can get real excited about...thanks so much for sharing it with us.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Awesome thread. I also had and adored Loves Fresh Lemon as a teen.  Still adore anything lemon or lime especially when weather gets hot!   I’ve found I love philosophy Lemon custard shower gel, but the cream and spritz NOT.  Wen 613 perfume dry down is all vanilla. I’m  gonna try some of these suggestions! 💝

Honored Contributor

Did any one get the samples of carthusia? I am still interested.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.