Respected Contributor

Re: leaving off the nail polish for awhile

Another great product for your feet. I use every night to keep my feet nice and soft. I love all the CND products.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

My question is---what to put on my toenails to give then a break  from polish for awhile. They have that white stain on them. Is there a really good polish to put on them and let them heal up? Think I will  go to have a pedi but no color , just to keep them trim and nice looking. Could just google it but rely on your experiences more.

thanks-----

@wagirl  Winter’s a good time to give toe nails a rest from polish....no sandals or flip flops. I think mine take a beating because I wear clear, nail strengtheners on my fingers & go nuts w/ color on my toes.

Every few weeks, I try to leave all polish off, buff them & then use an oil the toe nails and cuticles. 

Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

You can try Duri Rejuvacote if you feel you need something.  I'd also condition with oils.... Coconut, Jojoba, Argon, whatever you like.  

Absolutely agree. Rejuvacote by Duri ( pink ) works magic!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After years of wearing dark polish (Lincoln Park After Dark, Russian Navy) on my toes, I’m giving them a 6 month break. It ain’t pretty but hopefully they will bounce back from the same discoloration you described. 

I’m slightly embarrassed in yoga and barre class, but luckily the lights are low or off. 

Edited to add - I’m putting nothing on them except for L’Occitane foot cream. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand how anyone can wear nail polish daily.  I wear it just once a week for four months and it has destroyed my nails. Dry, cracked, brittle.  So I've been using Sally Hansen Maximum Growth.  Not so much for the growth, but to keep them from cracking and peeling.  It has definitely helped. 

Honored Contributor

all very good replies--thanks alot

Hi Mae!!!!