Honored Contributor

leaving off the nail polish for awhile

My question is---what to put on my toenails to give then a break  from polish for awhile. They have that white stain on them. Is there a really good polish to put on them and let them heal up? Think I will  go to have a pedi but no color , just to keep them trim and nice looking. Could just google it but rely on your experiences more.

thanks-----

Honored Contributor

Re: leaving off the nail polish for awhile

T.I.P For Toes A62260 use on fingers and toes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't see why you need anything.  Typically I don't bother with toe polish in the winter - nobody sees my bare feet - so why bother.  In the Spring I'll get back to it - but during winter nails get a rest and fresh air.  Just keep them clean and trimmed.

Regular Contributor

In the winter I always leave polish off. I feel they need to heal from all the polish in spring and summer. They look awful but it is only me who see them Robin

Honored Contributor

If you feel the need to do something, maybe try buffing?  I know bufffing look great on fingernails.  Never tried it on my toes, however.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another vote for T.I.P.S. nail conditioner...fingers /or/ toes. It works wonders,. I swear by this stuff!

Respected Contributor

You can try Duri Rejuvacote if you feel you need something.  I'd also condition with oils.... Coconut, Jojoba, Argon, whatever you like.  

Respected Contributor

Sox?  Seriously - I don't have anything on my toenails in the winter either. Unless you're in a warm climate where you're toes are exposed why bother?  

Respected Contributor

@wagirl  Great minds think alike...I'm doing the same thing w/my toes as well. I may check out the TIPS products.

Respected Contributor

Image result for solar oilI have used this for many years. For both nails and toenails.