Respected Contributor

@ShanusApparently it sells well so they keep on keepin' on!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@ShanusApparently it sells well so they keep on keepin' on!

@KabellaI do get that, but another makeup line can never “sell well” if not given enough air time or TSVs.

Respected Contributor

@ShanusI was referring to JM's skincare line. JM's line is somwhat in the middle price wise but not considerated a luxury brand like Tatcha which does not get the air time because many buyers cannot afford those high prices. What makeup Brands do think should get more air time? It also depends on the contracts as far as air time. Some brands do not get off to a good start because of marketing & the person who represents a brand needs that special charisma while presenting the product. I do not watch enough of QVC tho. So I would like your input.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@ShanusI was referring to JM's skincare line. JM's line is somwhat in the middle price wise but not considerated a luxury brand like Tatcha which does not get the air time because many buyers cannot afford those high prices. What makeup Brands do think should get more air time? It also depends on the contracts as far as air time. Some brands do not get off to a good start because of marketing & the person who represents a brand needs that special charisma while presenting the product. I do not watch enough of QVC tho. So I would like your input.

@Kabella Some of the higher priced lines do sell well online or Q would not still carry them (ex. Kritofer Buckle did not and he’s out). BB, Clinique and others are online, but rarely on air. I don’t watch Beauty IQ. Maybe they’re presented there.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella. Oh, add Tarte to my great makeup, but no air time list. BTW, Perricone and PTR are far from mid-priced skincare, but have frequent TSVs.

Respected Contributor

@ShanusClinque does well in-stores & online. Bobbie Brown is out of the business. Kristopher Buckle imo. did a poor job of pitching his product & poor sales. Other makeup brands have ts's on Hsn such as toofaced & Benefit & now BM etc. Thanks for your input. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@ShanusClinque does well in-stores & online. Bobbie Brown is out of the business. Kristopher Buckle imo. did a poor job of pitching his product & poor sales. Other makeup brands have ts's on Hsn such as toofaced & Benefit & now BM etc. Thanks for your input. 

@KabellaI’m not trying to be argumentative, just factual. Bobbi Brown may have left her company, but Lauder owns it and it’s running strong....it’s not out of the business. Have a nice weekend.

Respected Contributor

@ShanusYes PTR & Perricone do well also. Tarte is down on sales apparently or they would have more shows.

Respected Contributor

Oh I wish I could buy it.  Josie's products worked so well for me.  But after about 6 months of gradually converting, using up and/or throwing out everything other brand, and using nothing but Josie Maran brand for face and body, my body finally said enough is enough and I've developed a sensitivity or allergy to argon oil.   I think this is a great set, and hope all who buy enjoy it !

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Kabella wrote:

@KabellaI’m not trying to be argumentative, just factual. Bobbi Brown may have left her company, but Lauder owns it and it’s running strong....it’s not out of the business. Have a nice weekend.

@Shanus,

For clarity sake, kabella said Bobbi Brown is out of THE business. Not out of business. Her statement is true.