if you use josie sugar scrub to exfoliate , it leaves a kind of oil base..

the tanning lotion says to use on dry skin.

do you use the scrub before the tanning lotion..   

i  have not..

love both products, all products, but use these 2 separate

thanks

Respected Contributor

I’ve never used her tanning lotion so I can’t answer your question. But I wanted to say I really like her body sugar scrub. However I have to be careful as it can make my shower floor a bit slippery from the oil. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've used the tanning product and liked it last year.  Have not bought the sugar scrub and - personally - I don't think it's needed.  Just another product to buy.  I use the tan after a shower and drying off - instructions do sound incorrect to me.  Use sugar scrub once a week if you so desire.

Honored Contributor

If you are talking about the tanning oil, you use the sugar scrub first, dry your skin and apply the tanning oil. Works great for me.

Respected Contributor

I have this tanning oil and love it. Hope it is still good, I bought it last year. I always exfoliate before any sunless tanner.   I dont use her scrub though.

Respected Contributor

I read somewhere that it's best to exfoliate the day before any tanning application. None of these self tanning vendors ever mention that. However, that's what I have been doing for about a year and it works perfectly. I often use JM exfoliant and it works just fine doing it the day before. Since finding Mine Tan, I only use that self tanner. For me it's the best.

Do you use the sugar scrub and tanning oil on your face too?  And does anyone have tips to evenly apply to your own back?