Frequent Contributor

I've never tried argon oil. where do you start? is the regular too oily or should I get the light and the spf is that used over the argon oil or in place of it during the day. any kits or suggestions for a newbie?

Esteemed Contributor

Like you, I am also new to argon oil, but I decided to answer your post anyways, because I had the same question myself - where to start.

I decided to go for the most important product, which is a base of (and a philosophy behind) this entire line - pure JM Argon oil. Original, regular argon oil. I got it from this site with a bonus lip and cheek stick. Oil absorbs well. I like both products.

I also decided to give a try to Josie Maran Matchmaker foundation with argon oil. To me, this foundation is great and super versatile - I can use it alone, or mix it up with any other liquid or cream foundations I have. Often I add couple drops of it to my daytime moisturizer. The results are great, and I absolutely love it!

Now, I am thinking of trying JM body butter next, have not decided which kind or scent yet.

Honored Contributor

I'd suggest getting one of the travel size kits. QVC had one a couple years ago that I ordered but they have one don't right now. Sephora sells two different ones, the Winter Dreams Argan skincare collection looks great since you get the cleansing oil, argan oil, milk, handcream, SPF and infinity cream to try. That's the one I'd get.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

for me personally I think the regular absorbs better than the light. I actually used the light and returned it to the Josie Maran site where I purchased. I was not a fan at all of the cleansing oil.

Respected Contributor

I use the Argan Milk moisturizer and I add several droppers full of the argan oil to it. I love the body butter also and I use the Vanilla fig scent. I love these products and they work great!

Contributor

My partner has been using these products and absolutely loves them. She has also used Argon Oil from another company and while she doesn't like that company, she does love the Argon Oil. She uses it in her hair. The oil and Josie's products are a go to for her.

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/9/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:

for me personally I think the regular absorbs better than the light. I actually used the light and returned it to the Josie Maran site where I purchased. I was not a fan at all of the cleansing oil.

I read lots of reviews stating just that, light argon oil is actually heavier. Some say, they are the same. To me, I always choose to go with naturally pure product, not altered.

If you want your argon oil feel lighter, you may put few drops of it, warmed up from rubbing your hands together, on your still slightly damp face. It will spread into lighter and thinner layer, and get absorbed quicker.

I can't buy a concept of cleansing with oils, I could be wrong, but never-the-less, I don't even consider it.

Argan Milk moisturizer, on the other hand, with an addition of several droppers full of the argan oil to it, like Kitlynn said, also sounds very appealing to try, and of course, people are raving about JM body butters.

Honored Contributor

I would go with the argan light oil as it absorbs quickly unlike the regular. I use it for my eyelashes at bedtime by rubbing a little oil between my fingers and swipe my upper lashes (close your eyes doing this). The oil can be applied to your face (I prefer bedtime but I now use Marula oil for my face). I love Josie's Hair Serum. It smells wonderful, gives a natural shine to your hair (only a drop or two rubbed in your hands & apply). If your hair is long, you probably need a few drops. You can rub the oil on your body, your cuticles, hands, feet, wherever. I think it's trial & error to see what you like. You may want to consider one of her kits and try several items.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor
I like the regular, not at all heavy and absorbs well...love the body butters too
Respected Contributor

I love Josie's reg argon oil, and her body butters....I also love Elizabeth Grant from (other channel), for her eye creams and collagen line, I just mix it up as my skin needs