Regular Contributor

I wish she would stop saying 'drop dead gorgeous' to the older model.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Honored Contributor

I wish they would STOP putting makeup on already made up models and then claim they are only wearing the product being presented. I guess they don't know we have hi def TV now a days and can easily see that the models already have MU on.

Respected Contributor

I am going to Facebook them to request that they show the foundation shades swatched. Another request I have is that when they do a model, tell us what shade she is wearing. Many of the vendors do not do that.

Super Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Tricolor said:

I am going to Facebook them to request that they show the foundation shades swatched. Another request I have is that when they do a model, tell us what shade she is wearing. Many of the vendors do not do that.

ITA! If you can't convince me, confuse me. Beauty vendors seem to have cornered this

market. Grrr

Honored Contributor

lemondropcookie has been taking lessons from brewhaha. Jamie scrubs her own badly rosacea'd face clean and demonstrates on herself. I have no doubt as to the products covering ability. Shades? That's a different story.

Valued Contributor
On 1/21/2015 GreenEyedGirl said:

Is there harm in using the brush with both the cream and powder products?

I did earlier today, because I saw Jamie do it and she instructed to do it. Plus I watched Hot & Flashy's video and she said the sponge that came with the cream/liquid soaked up too much of the product.

Will using the brush with both harm one or both products or create bacteria somehow?

Thanks for any info.

I don't think it will actually harm the brush, but I find it off putting to use liquid on a brush and then powder. It muddies everything. I am using a different It brush in my stash for the powder.

Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2015 GreenEyedGirl said:

Is there harm in using the brush with both the cream and powder products?

I did earlier today, because I saw Jamie do it and she instructed to do it. Plus I watched Hot & Flashy's video and she said the sponge that came with the cream/liquid soaked up too much of the product.

Will using the brush with both harm one or both products or create bacteria somehow?

Thanks for any info.

Just speculating, but I wonder whether, at the least, it might adversely affect the texture of the powder.

I can see maybe using the same brush for both if you wipe it off and make sure it's dry, but that would be a pain compared to just using a separate brush.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Thanks for the advice!

Frequent Contributor
On 1/20/2015 momcat said:
On 1/20/2015 Desertdi said:

I'm sure someone in the "IT" organization reads all beauty forums

I'm sure too. This is a great line!!

I also agree (with both of you).

Besides, not everyone is on Facebook or other social media. I am not "on" anything beyond these boards and have no desire to start. I post comments here that people might think are more appropriate for Facebook.