Respected Contributor

ix-nay on a wig with major dark roots

i am not a fan of a look of a bleached blonde with dark roots noticeably growing out so of course wonder why you would want to pay for a wig with same.  i see the "blonde" presenters have been favoring this look for the past months.  convince me otherwise?

Honored Contributor

Re: ix-nay on a wig with major dark roots

Never have been a fan of the "dark roots showing" style.  

Esteemed Contributor

All due respect people are not wearing their hair the same way the did in the 1950's and 1960's.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven’t seen the presentation but I’ve seen some women with their real hair have this look. If done correctly it can look very pretty. 

Respected Contributor

It's the shawn look.  Although, she has changed it up lately.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I haven’t seen the presentation but I’ve seen some women with their real hair have this look. If done correctly it can look very pretty. 

great! i just saw Katie on earlier and it didn't look good to my eye.

pls share a picture of it done well.

Honored Contributor

To me the darker roots look more natural...I'm not talking about grow-out roots, but roots on someone who has  naturally lighter hair with it darker close to the scalp.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

To me the darker roots look more natural...I'm not talking about grow-out roots, but roots on someone who has  naturally lighter hair with it darker close to the scalp.

@SilleeMeei know what you mean - although looking "natural" is a little funny when we all know hair has been bleached..  anyway, this was a good 2 - 3 inches. 

Respected Contributor

I think its a great fresh look on a wig and makes them look pretty realistic.  

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMeei know what you mean - although looking "natural" is a little funny when we all know hair has been bleached..  anyway, this was a good 2 - 3 inches. 

The darker roots look natural only if you assume it is bleached blond with very dark roots growing out. The light blond wig is very close to the natural color of my hair. My roots sometimes looked a little darker than the rest of my hair, but I could never have had such dark roots. I now color my hair because my natural hair has turned a combination of dishwater and white.  I did order one of the wave wigs because it is really my exact style only behaving better. I hope to use it for bad hair days, but the dark roots will be a dead giveaway that it is a wig. These days, my roots grow out lighter than my hair color. I hope it works.