Regular Contributor

it bye bye pores finishing powder

I know this powder doesnt contain talc. But....has anyone experienced any white cast in photos?

Respected Contributor

Re: it bye bye pores finishing powder

@erichu wrote:

I know this powder doesnt contain talc. But....has anyone experienced any white cast in photos?

The first time I used it, yes. I think I put it on with a too heavy hand. The next time I did not use as much product and it went on perfect.

Deb

Honored Contributor

If I take a flash picture right after I take it yes, but after an hour or so it seems fine. 

Respected Contributor

I use it only in my T zone and very lightly.
Haven't noticed a difference in photos.
Respected Contributor

Yes, that’s why I stopped using it.

Honored Contributor

I tried it once.  It came with a TSV and it had something in it that gave your face a glow.  Instead of minimizing pores it seemed to emphasize them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's mica and sunscreen ingredients that cause flashback. Talc does not cause flashback. Mineral sunscreens do because of their oxides contents cause light to bounce off the skin as do mica particles used in highlighters and illuminating products.

To avoid the ghostly look in photos, look for 'flashback-free makeup (no SPF) and setting powders'.

Regular Contributor

I didn't know sunscreen caused the white look in photos. Would all the it foundations with spf cause it as well?

Honored Contributor

@erichu wrote:

I didn't know sunscreen caused the white look in photos. Would all the it foundations with spf cause it as well?

Yes, foundations which contain SPF ingredients zinc oxide or titanium oxide can potentially cause flashback. Also, illuminating foundations can cause flashback, too. @erichu 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I used the pressed version and have no problem at all. I have not used the loose powder.