Regular Contributor

is it a waste of money and oil if I just do treatment for an hour or two ?

Im having trouble with the over night things. I wake up over and over due to the smell but also just because it feels gross. I get up way earlier than I need to just so I can wash my hair .

Is it a waste to do one or two hour treatments or does the oil need all night to work ?

Respected Contributor

Re: is it a waste of money and oil if I just do treatment for an hour or two ?

Not a waste at all! Sometimes in the salon Chaz will put remoist on a customer and have them under the dryer for 15 minutes or so. They do remoist on all customers but they don't have all day either. Same with scalp treatments with oil. A couple hours if that's ll the time you have is still good,
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

Oh good. Its expensive and I didn't want to waste it . I have oil on scalp and remoist on the rest Ill wash out in a bit . Its just so hard to sleep in it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I think if you leave it in for a few hours you should see results.

I know that once I started using the TT CC regularly that amped up the rate at which the oil production on my oily scalp was normalized, and the rate at which my hair grew (I was getting good results from the other CCs, the TT CC just amped it up... hair growth on steroids *s*). My point is that while the TT CC was only on my scalp for 5-7 minutes each cleanse, that I was still benefiting from the TT ingredients.

Generally I'll do overnight TT oil scalp treatments, but if I am doing a treatment over the weekend then I'll leave it on during the day if I'm just working at home. You might try doing a longer treatment during the daytime on the weekend.

-- bebeSmile Wen FAQ - key Wen links - Wen 101 - tips from Chaz Dean Studio

Super Contributor

I do it all the time. No way I could sleep in the stuff. Great results.

Valued Contributor

I think the majority of the oil is absorbed into the scalp rather quickly. When Chaz does his QVC shows, he will often show his hands after applying the treatment oil to his model. He points out that there is no oily residue.

If it's the difference between doing the treatment and not.... GO FOR IT! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

No I don't think it's a waste, I can't sleep in it either and besides I think that it's absorbed fairly quickly. I don't think there is any benefit to leaving it on for 8 hours. It will have already absorbed long before then.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

If you are seeing results than I don't think it is.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for starting this post. I bought the Wen oil and have only used it once. I felt that my pillow would get all icky if I slept with the oil on my head. So maybe I will put it on first thing in the morning and leave it on until I jump in the shower a bit later in the morning.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't think it's a waste of time. I sometimes put oil or re-moist in my hair and do house work for a few hours then cleanse. Also, the oil is, I think, for scalp so if you want, you can just apply to roots and massage in. You don't have to apply oil to mid shaft and ends if the scent bothers you and still achieve great results. The re-moist should be applied to whole head but you can tailor it to your own way. Chaz always says experiment and see what works for you. It's odd but when I apply oil at night it's never on my pillow but my hair absorbs a lot. I only put it on the roots. I do comb through and I can feel the results for days even if I don't do another oil treatment. Everyone's hair is different too. Isn't Wen fabulous though? I'm really gonna miss the peach when it's gone. I haven't gotten the spritzer so I ordered it when Chaz's site had the free shipping and I've seen a lot of good reviews on it. I'm hoping to hold on to the scent after it's unavailable. Sorry for blabbing on. Good luck. I hope everyone's post helps.Wink