Honored Contributor

I had never tried Wen cleansers before. I bought a kit from Sephora that had different small hair products in it. There was a 2 oz tube of Wen that I used this morning. The directions said to use the whole tube (I didn't), that seems like a lot of cleanser to use. Anyway after styling my hair I really don't see a difference between this and any other shampoo I use. Is this accumulative, does it take more than one time to see favorable results? I was thinking of getting the TSV but not sure I should. Also I don't know if I should go with the classics or seasonal choice.

Regular Contributor

Depending on how much hair you have, the whole tube may have been appropriate.  More is better than not enough when it comes to WEN.

The opinions on WEN are varied.  I love it. I have a lot of hair down to my bra line and it really makes my hair soft and makes my color look really good.  They key is getting the right formula for your hair type and using the correct amount.  Also, depending on how healthy you hair is to start, results may be cumulative. I also use it as a leave-in conditioner.

If you want to try out the TSV next month and are new to WEN, I think the classics would be the best place to start.  I'm not sure, but if you go on auto delivery you may be able to switch to seasonals for the second shipment. I'm not sure if it's the same seasonals or different ones for the future shipments.

Honored Contributor

First off the ingredients in the Wen sold at Sephora are different then the ingredients in the Wen sold on his website & sold on Q. I did not care for the formula sold at Sephora. I don't know what size tube you used to cleanse your hair. With Wen you have to use so many pumps depending on your length of hair & the size bottle of Wen you are using. You do use lots more of it then you do a regular shampoo. Results are cumulative. The only way you will know if it's that good is to try it to see what results you get. It made my hair soft with less frizz but I have an oily scalp. Wen was suppose to balance that & it never did. My scalp seem to get oilier so I stopped using it. I tired a shampoo for thinning hair & it dried out my scalp. Now I'm dealing with dry itchy scalp. You have some time to continue using it to see what you think before the TSV Wen is available. You can also go to Chaz's site & use the get a recommendation to see which formula is right for you.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

First off the ingredients in the Wen sold at Sephora are different then the ingredients in the Wen sold on his website & sold on Q. I did not care for the formula sold at Sephora. I don't know what size tube you used to cleanse your hair. With Wen you have to use so many pumps depending on your length of hair & the size bottle of Wen you are using. You do use lots more of it then you do a regular shampoo. Results are cumulative. The only way you will know if it's that good is to try it to see what results you get. It made my hair soft with less frizz but I have an oily scalp. Wen was suppose to balance that & it never did. My scalp seem to get oilier so I stopped using it. I tired a shampoo for thinning hair & it dried out my scalp. Now I'm dealing with dry itchy scalp. You have some time to continue using it to see what you think before the TSV Wen is available. You can also go to Chaz's site & use the get a recommendation to see which formula is right for you.

Is that really true, what you get from Sephora is different than from QVC? My hair is not that long, hits about my clavicle. If you use 2 ounces (which was the size of the tube) those 16 ounce bottles would only last for 8 cleansings. I wash my hair 3 times a week, so a 16 ounce  would last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

Regular Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Is that really true, what you get from Sephora is different than from QVC? My hair is not that long, hits about my clavicle. If you use 2 ounces (which was the size of the tube) those 16 ounce bottles would only last for 8 cleansings. I wash my hair 3 times a week, so a 16 ounce  would last me about 2 1/2 weeks.

I believe so. The WEN on the infomericals and Sephora are different than the Q and Chaz's website. (I'm sure if you google you'll be able to find the ingredient list for both) I've only used WEN that I've purchased from QVC.

Different hair lengths use different amounts of WEN.  I use around 25 pumps from a 32 oz bottle (if I do 2 cleanses...2X scalp, 1X length).  I'm not sure what that equates to in ounces.

Super Contributor

Re: is Wen Really That Good

[ Edited ]

I rotate from using Wen and Theorie shampoo and conditioner, which also has no sulfates or parabens.  I use them to save my expensive color on my hair.  My favorite wen is the Pomegranate.  It doesn't weigh my hair down and makes it soft.  I won't bother with anymore seasonals.  And the Theorie can be found at Marshalls for like $14 for a giant size with pump.  It's awesome. My fav Theorie scent is the tea tree, love how it feels on my scalp.  My hair is the softest its ever been.

Respected Contributor
@ladygirl I just ordered Theorie. Can't wait to try it. No matter what product I use, I have to wash my hair everyday. I plan to alternate between wen and Theorie.
Super Contributor

Re: is Wen Really That Good

[ Edited ]

@Rachb wrote:
@ladygirl I just ordered Theorie. Can't wait to try it. No matter what product I use, I have to wash my hair everyday. I plan to alternate between wen and Theorie.

You will love it, your hair will be softer than using Wen.  I have the giant container of Argan conditioner from Theorie too.  It's amazing.  What kind did you order? This will most likely be the last shampoo you try!  Everyone I have recommended it to has loved it. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Yes it's true. I bought the Pom from Q & Sephora when I noticed they were not the same. I compared the ingredients to be sure. You do use a lot of Wen to cleanse with & it does not last long. I just pump until I have a handful because that's what I ended up with when I did count. That's enough for my hair. I'm still using up what I bought before I stopped using it. I have to wash every other day.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 The formulas from Sephora and the infomercials are a little different from QVC and Chaz Dean's website. Those formulas are marketed worldwide and had to be adjusted to meet different standards.

For me, yes, Wen is "that good"! My hair was drying out from hot brushes, flat irons and color (I'm 60). I listened to many, many of Chaz's QVC presentations and read nearly every thread on the Wen forum before finally purchasing. I followed Chaz's recommendation to give up hot styling tools, except for my blow dryer--and I put the nozzle on that for the 1st time ever, as he also suggests. I bought a set of his medium round brushes, too, and finally learned how to do a decent blowout! Sometimes I just run my fingers thru as I blow dry, then brush my hair into place.

My hair started looking so good, that it gave me the confidence to let my color grow out. My hair is now a very pretty mix of dark brown, silver and gray--healthy, shiny and bouncy!

The results are cumulative. I saw some differences within a week or so, others came with time. The only way for you to find out if it's "that good" for you is to try it for awhile. The December TSV is a great way to go, and you might try the classics as the seasonals change and some will probably go away at some point. The rice-protein line is also very good, and will be offered as a choice. And get some styling creme, too, especially if you heat-style and/or blowdry.