Honored Contributor

Re: if you woke up sorry you didn't get Josie's TSV...

BTW it's back to the regular price now so I definitely think it was because of the technical difficulties.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I wonder if they are doing this for the TSVs that didn't sell well?

@HappyDaze  I personally feel that was why it was still up. I've seen it on a few items the past year...not just this one as to why they were keeping the TSV online. I have zero interest expect for body wash oil.

But now I just get all my gentle body washes at Whole Foods with great ingredients in them for rather cheap and large sizes rather then on shopping channels.

It also could be they had ordered too many lots....but I think it's just not a good kit and the selling numbers are low.

@mimi5775 I think they probably have an allotted amount that they need to sell and if they don't during the tsv day, they will sell it the next day for that price to try to boost the sale. If it isn't going to sell at the lower price, it certainly isn't going to sell a whole bunch more at a higher price and QVC doesn't want a bunch of inventory sitting around indefinitely.

I love the performance of her body butters but don't like the scents. I too buy body washes mainly from Whole Foods for a much better value and nicer ingredients.  I've tried so many of Josie's products and many of them were just no good and those of them that I liked, I didn't like enough to pay the higher price when there are other things I like just as well, if not more, for less price or the same. I loved the face (eyeshadow and blush) and eyeshadow palettes she did years ago. I wish she'd start doing those again.

Esteemed Contributor

That had to be a technical gltch for the TSV to be listed at the same price the following day.  Whatever the reason the customer gets the posted price.  I liked the TSV, but would rather have had the smaller components not be duplicates of the full size items.  That wasn't a dealbreaker for me though.  There are some other Josie sets which I liked this visit as well as the TSV: A269010 with the Cleanser, Washing Powder and Milk; A275132 with the Cleansing Powder, Milk, reg. Oil, Infinity Lip & Cheek Cream.  I also liked the sets of Mini Lip/Cheek Sticks, and the Protect & Perfect Moisturizer with  Lip/Cheek and Illuminating Sticks. 

Trusted Contributor

I usually check on TSV's this time of year and have also noticed that OTO's seem to appear much earlier in the day when the TSV numbers aren't overwhelming or living up to expectations.  I had zero interest in this TSV but caught a few presentations as the day wore on and realized that the hosts weren't mentioning how many how sold as they usually do when the TSV is selling well. They try to downplay the number total, which is understandable if they are still optimistic about sales picking up.  A typical marketing tool employed is to try and lure others by highlighting how many have already been purchased (kind of like "see what you are missing out on - all these buyers can't be wrong") 

HSN usually has a total sales number counter on the bottom right of the screen for most items, particularly TSV's, and I have noticed that they stop showing those numbers when sales aren't as aggesssive as they expected.

Years ago, QVC never offered a TSV deal the following day, regardless of computer glitches which they often encountered, but competition has become pretty brutal in the retail world and my guess is they will do what they have to do to try and increase sale numbers, particularly if they predicted a much higher response than actually occurred and they have excessive inventory.  I agree with the above comment that if they didn't sell well at the cheaper price, why would they sell any better at a higher price?

The oversize body butter special they offered the entire month of October probably didn't help them with this TSV.  Maybe if they had had a bit more variety if would have done better.  JMO ................... 

Trusted Contributor

The first OTO offered on the day of Josie's TSV was pretty early in the day which surprised me.  My guess is that they were trying to boost total sales for the day anyway they could, which makes sense.

Most retailers do 25% or more of their business in the last quarter of the year so whether it's QVC or any other retailer, they are going to try and increase sales by any means possible.

Look at the increase in easy pays this year ........................... and free whipping offers!

Trusted Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

BTW it's back to the regular price now so I definitely think it was because of the technical difficulties.  

@LoriLori  I did not tech problems ....agree, I think that maybe that was why the TSV was on longer....thought it was my laptop having a glitch!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wackers wrote:

The first OTO offered on the day of Josie's TSV was pretty early in the day which surprised me.  My guess is that they were trying to boost total sales for the day anyway they could, which makes sense.

Most retailers do 25% or more of their business in the last quarter of the year so whether it's QVC or any other retailer, they are going to try and increase sales by any means possible.

Look at the increase in easy pays this year ........................... and free whipping offers!

LOLOLOL I'm not sure I'd take them up on THAT?? But hey, you never know, I'm up to try anything once although I was hoping for something more like free shipping... Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@wackers wrote:

LOLOLOL I'm not sure I'd take them up on THAT?? But hey, you never know, I'm up to try anything once although I was hoping for something more like free shipping... Smiley Wink

Tee-hee...love the typo on whipping! a gal after 'me own heart LOL!!!!!! haha43.gif..have  a good one now!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky