Regular Contributor

iT Cosmetics "Confidence in a Compact" Foundation....EXCELLENT not like the others

I received this in a TSV back in January, but I am not a big fan of foundations and try most of the brands....but they are too heavy but do not cover...so I finally got this one out about two weeks ago.  WOW!!!  I wrote a review but I forgot the most important thing...

IT HAS ZINC OXIDE for a sunblock.  My dermatologist when asked what made a sunblock acceptable?  ...the answer:  IT MUST HAVE ZINC OXIDE, which few sunblocks  do, yet alone make-up..  I have now began using this foundation as my sunblock...SPF50...  and it goes on so easily with either a brush or sponge.  It is not heavy and it doesn't look like wearing make-up which is my issue with foundations.  

Honored Contributor

Re: iT Cosmetics "Confidence in a Compact" Foundation....EXCELLENT not like the others

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Enjoy Celebration original powder so this wondered. Like to know dewy or satin finish? Tia
Esteemed Contributor

Re: iT Cosmetics "Confidence in a Compact" Foundation....EXCELLENT not like the others

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Enjoy Celebration original powder so this wondered. Like to know dewy or satin finish? Tia

It's hard to explain the finish. It's just natural looking. I don't think it's dewy at all. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

It's hard to explain the finish. It's just natural looking. I don't think it's dewy at all. 

Thanks! Natural my choice
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Thanks! Natural my choice

With this foundation you do not want to put a lot on your brush. Start with just a thin layer and build it up if you need to I don't really have much to cover up so I don't need very much at all. 

Honored Contributor

I ♥️ Confidence in a compact! I am glad it is now being offered on its own!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

It's not a powder foundation, but more like a cream.... the finish is not dewy, more satin but very natural looking.  You can apply with a sponge or a brush and a little goes a long way!  

Respected Contributor

is it a 'cream to powder' foundation? I used a Covergirl product that i liked for years. This would be handy to keep in purse and reapply with a sponge type applicator in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

is it a 'cream to powder' foundation? I used a Covergirl product that i liked for years. This would be handy to keep in purse and reapply with a sponge type applicator in the summer.

No.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar - I well remember those foundations and they were really nice! 

It sounds like this is a cream but doesn't dry to a "powder".  I am going to try it as now that I am older and my skin is drier, I don't really want it to dry to a powdery finish.  I only hope it is not too shiney.  Her other foundations (liquid) do not work for me.  Love and use her Bye Bye Pore loose finishing powder and a few other things.