Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

How terribly sad.

I agree! The rudeness of strangers is really appalling!

I agree too!  People are SO RUDE....

before I had double knee replacement in 2013, I was very bowlegged from the severe arthritis.  For about 10 years prior to my surgery......customers at my retail job would comment all the time about my legs...ask me what was wrong with my legs....ask stupid questions like did I ride horses to be so bowlegged...it would cause me to cry in the bathroom.  It was so hurtful I even to this day could cry about those days....thankfully my knee replacements straightened out my legs so I feel normal and not like I have to hide. 

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Laugh or criticize all you want...I have very heavy "11"'s between my eyes, which has led to some amazingly rude remarks--"Wow you look mad all the time!" (I'm usually so surprised/shocked at such rudeness I don't deliver my usual snappy comeback.)

I can't wait for the day when my doctor resumes botox "treatments" (i.e., injections). Yes it's cosmetic but if you could see the difference between "before" and "after", you'd understand. Woman Tongue

@GoneButNotForgotten Just a suggestion.  I don't know how big the town or city your in but some dermatology offices are still open.  Check around.  Botox is easy.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I can totally relate!  Only difference is, I do it totally for myself.  If I want to spend money on botox and fillers, it's worth it for me even if no one can see the improvement but ME.  It's a bonus if someone else notices.  Will be so happy for these routine visits to become routine again!

Honored Contributor

With all the horribleness in the world today and there are those that still are so shallow that they think only of themselves. Botox? Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

How awful that a receptionist would say you look mad. Especially if you weren't acting that way. Some comments are totally unnecessary.

Respected Contributor

If I wanted Botox I would get it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Her body, her money, her choice. The end.

Respected Contributor

I think it's perfectly reasonable that a person wants to maintain their appearance even during these times.  I certainly am doing so. Thankfully I don't do botox because if I did and mine wore off it'd probably bug me like crazy. Some of the comments on here are ridiculous. Like you should just give up on yourself and go sob in the corner even if you don't want to.  Everyone is having different experiences during this crisis.  Try to have some respect.  We're all clinging to any normalcy possible and if that means wanting to look in the mirror and feel good about what you see, rather than a haggard trainwreck (not calling the OP that!), so be it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: i need my botox!

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten  Perhaps you would consider plastic surgery because it is permanent.  Actually, that should be the least of your worries, because your life is no. 1.  I can't get over the behavior of people protesting and ignorning social distancing.  "Open our beaches."  That is so important, not their lives but opening the beach.  There is nothing wrong with Botox but to worry about it now is not a priority.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If you wear bangs, would that help?