Respected Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

How terribly sad.

I agree! The rudeness of strangers is really appalling!

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

No one cares about those lines but you.

People that care about you think you look fine.

Don't worry about it life is short.

Why are you telling her how to feel ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Ha!  I have a sis who loves to point out the flaws, "look how much weight you've gained!", "ohmygosh, you need to get those 11s filled", that type of thing, preferably in front of other people to maximize the humiliation.  Fortunately most people, rather than looking at me and feeling sorry, look at her and think what a B!

Honored Contributor

Bangs can be useful😏

Esteemed Contributor

Re: i need my botox!

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

WOW @QVCkitty1  bet their are so many posts that you left out a word or suggested to posters about their situation.

Correction :

Please don't worry it, life is short.

No matter how many procedures you have everyone knows your old.

Those shot in toxins in your body just can't be doing you that much good. Hurtful comments are just that.  Compliments about not looking your age just lets you know that.

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I am 75 and receive compliments on the white streak in the front of my very dark hair as well as " truly not looking my age " from young and old alike.  However, you and I and a few others here have the overly-distinctive " 11's ".

Tried Botox for almost two years....nothing worked.  Wasted money.  Brows are already high, so brow lift will not do anything good for me.

Will try surgical tape on them at night...just read about it.

Inknow how frustrating it is to see them in the mirror.  Hate having picture taken anymore !

Different things are important for different folks: you know how it impacts you and that is all that matters !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@hopi Good grief! She doesn't have a lot of procedures, she gets some Botox. She says she's 70. Your catty comment is as rude as some of the stuff she's encountered.

In fact there are a lot of snotty comments about this.

If someone wants a little "something" and can pay for it, why do so many of you scold a person for that? Maybe a little jealousy? or just being unkind.

I say GO FOR IT !! Get whatever you need.!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

WOW @QVCkitty1  bet their are so many posts that you left out a word or suggested to posters about their situation.

Correction :

Please don't worry it, life is short.

No matter how many procedures you have everyone knows your old.

Those shot in toxins in your body just can't be doing you that much good. Hurtful comments are just that.  Compliments about not looking your age just lets you know that.

I'm sure you meant well, but I'm sensitive to people trying to " solve" other people's issues unless they ask for their advice.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: i need my botox!

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@hopi Good grief! She doesn't have a lot of procedures, she gets some Botox. She says she's 70. Your catty comment is as rude as some of the stuff she's encountered.

In fact there are a lot of snotty comments about this.

If someone wants a little "something" and can pay for it, why do so many of you scold a person for that? Maybe a little jealousy? or just being unkind.

I say GO FOR IT !! Get whatever you need.!  Woman Happy

@Love my grandkids  Good Grief

To say that you look awful without procedures is so sad.  The advertising world has shamed you.  People are beautiful no matter what age.   Not scolding.  Not Jealous. 

Any procedure that makes you feel good about yourself is fine.  

Beauty practices are  enjoyable.   The bottom line is it does not define you or me.

Kind people always are stunned by my age so it is a wonderful compliment to receive but that is all that it is kind words.

You think after being closed in by this tragedy people would put values on other things besides toxic beauty.

Respected Contributor

If I were worried about what other people think of me, I wouldn't be posting here. :-)