Contributor

Re: how much do you spend a month on skincare?

On 2/21/2015 AspenGrove said:

I just sent my CPA my Quicken files for taxes, so I have the actual number. $32 per month when I divide out the 4 products I buy every year: prescription Renova (generic), moisturizer, Elta MD 41 SPF, and cleanser.

Why would you send your skin care receipts to the CPA - they aren't deductible, are they?

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 seniorcitizen said:

I just sent my CPA my Quicken files for taxes, so I have the actual number. $32 per month when I divide out the 4 products I buy every year: prescription Renova (generic), moisturizer, Elta MD 41 SPF, and cleanser.

Why would you send your skin care receipts to the CPA - they aren't deductible, are they?

Not deductible but they are taxed so for reimbursal, I would think.Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I don't spend much at all. I use Paula's Choice cleanser, moisturizer, 2% BHA lotion, and a serum. These products last me four to five months--maybe longer.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

This is why I went for laser treatment...I had 2 done years ago and got so many compliments on my "skin" and I did notice a difference especially the irish spider veins.....so its been over 6 years and just had the 1st treatment again $450...for 20 minutes and frankly I don't see much change but again I have fairly good skin and am 70... I've been weighing should I go and complain or what or should I go for a second one within the year but....I do go without makeup most of the time. Am I expecting too much? When I see some of the models on here their faces are much worse than mine so now I'm thinking maybe just keep up with the laser and stop with the creams etc that seem of no help. She told me to use Cereve and have been and using all my creams on my hands which show age I hate that and can't afford to have them lasered. Anyway.... if I go back to talk to her I'll know more she did say I have excellent skin for my age but who knows if thats hype..or I just expect to look radiant. Although I do get those compliments especially when I have on Halo from Smashbox...thats all I need. All these products add up none are cheap so as you can tell I'm weighing my odds here,.LOL or trying to justify spending that $ but we can spend 100 bucks on one or 2 creams that do nothing.....{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Not much, I just buy a face wash about once a month. Using up the moisturizers I already have and they seem to last awhile. I am liking the Aveeno line though. Just recently discovered it.

Respected Contributor

Nowhere near $100 a month! I use Hydron and get things on sale and BOGO and each product lasts me several months.

Respected Contributor

On 2/21/2015 darcy3 said:

The past few months I've found some wonderful products at TJMaxx. They have had a lot of natural products, a lot of face oils etc. I've been using DermaLift hylauronic acid and it was $10.00 and I thought it was a great product. Another good brand is OrganicSurge shower gels - love, love, love these. They have organic ingredients and they smell really nice and they lather nicely. I stock up when I find these at TJMaxx. I am out of my DermaLift now and just purchased the Dr. Denese tsv but I am not sure if I like it.

I try not to overbuy but I agree that you can get some very good products at TJMaxx and Marshall's. I have purchased some very good products from both of these stores in the past. I was also told that Nordstrom Rack has some very good beauty products but I haven't been to one yet.

Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2015 gokat said:

I leave taxes up to a professional, but wow, I don't think we send him receipts for all our purchases that are taxed. Why would we do that?

I would think, though, that some skincare might be tax deductible if it is considered a necessary medical treatment. Maybe that's what she was talking about?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Probably $1,000 a year.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 2/21/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/21/2015 gokat said:

I leave taxes up to a professional, but wow, I don't think we send him receipts for all our purchases that are taxed. Why would we do that?

I would think, though, that some skincare might be tax deductible if it is considered a necessary medical treatment. Maybe that's what she was talking about?

skincare is not tax deductible.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"