Contributor

how do you apply your foundation

[ Edited ]

I got the beauty blender but i dont seem to get as much coverage with it. I wet it a little as instructed.

I tried my foundation sponge that I have had for a while and got better coverage.

Does anyone use and like the beauty blenders?

Or do you prefer to apply with your fingers OR with a regular foundation sponge?

Honored Contributor

Re: how do you apply your foundation

Did you wet the beauty blender sponge before you used it?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

After trying many forms of applying my foundation, including a sponge, beauty blender, brush and fingers I have finally found the best for me. Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush. I use less foundation and it goes on beautifully. On occasion is need to slightly smooth over with a brush but that's not all of the time. Won't be without this.

Respected Contributor

I get the most flawless application and coverage by using a Tarte foundation brush.  If I apply concealer  (not often), I use a damp beauty blender to blend it in.  However, I've found that I rarely need concealer when I use the Tarte brush.  My new favorite foundation is L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation.  It lasts all day, with no touch-ups.

Honored Contributor

@Glitter Angel wrote:

I got the beauty blender but i dont seem to get as much coverage with it. I wet it a little as instructed.

I tried my foundation sponge that I have had for a while and got better coverage.

Does anyone use and like the beauty blenders?

Or do you prefer to apply with your fingers OR with a regular foundation sponge?

Yes, I use beautyblender sponges. I hate fingers. I do sometimes use a foundation brush. It really depends. How much coverage you get with the sponge depends on how wet it is, how much foundation you apply and your technique. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

For pressed powder,  I use a kabuki brush. For liquid, I use a foundation brush or if I feel daring, a stipple brush. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I use a brush sometimes a beauty blender. Depends on whatever I am in the mood for that day.

Honored Contributor

I use Real Techniques light orange, shaped like an egg with a point sponge.  Washes easily and really applies my tinted moisturizer evenly.  Love it.  You can get into every area under eyes, by the nose, above the lips.  Two for $9.99 and they last a long, long time.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

A brush works the best for me as it can make a little amount go a long ways.  I use the same brush for my concealer as well.  One and done!

Super Contributor

Artis #7 Brush. Purchased from HSN, the best ever. Watched the demo on tv and could not believe the easy, perfect application. Was skeptical, but ordered. I now threw out all my old brushes for foundation application. Thus brush is truly remarkable. It was developed by a makeup artist. Lately averything on HS N far exceeds the Q.