Esteemed Contributor

Re: hosts do not know how to use self tanners

The only thing I use on my legs is Jergen's Natural Glow, which I can find anywhere and usually with a coupon.  My arms are always tanned enough for me.  While it would be nice for the hosts to be "experts" in tanning applications, I feel that it is up to the vendor to make sure that everyone knows exactly how to use it.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Shanus, I LOVE  the photo!

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Shanus, I LOVE  the photo!

@insomniac2   DD purchased a spray tan machine like the airbrush thing for makeup. She uses it in the garage and tans all year. She says everyone is pasty in WA from rain and cloudy days most of the year. Knows from Momma to stay of the sun (has my fair skin), so this works for her once a week. Her DH does her back half. Garage door closed...she does this process naked. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve seen some pale feet in some shoe shows recently. I think the color sometimes looks too dark or unnatural. My niece insists spray tanning is the best, but I just don’t like that look either. 

I gave up self tanning a long time ago. I never could get it to look natural. I embrace my paleness now. LOL! Sometimes I use Sally Hansen leg makeup mixed with my body lotion to tone down the whiteness 😱 on my legs when I wear shorts, a dress, or skirt. 

Respected Contributor

Shanus, your story about the self-tanner is pretty wild!!