Honored Contributor

The technology of TV cameras can also make someone look younger. Filters and color enhancers, among other technical things, are being used to make someone look good on live TV. 

Super Contributor

IMO if they all cut out the heavy-handed makeup, fake eyelashes, thick mascara, etc, they would look younger. ditto dyed dark hair on aging hosts. 

Honored Contributor

Re: host and wrinkles

[ Edited ]

I just tuned on HSN and wow Callie N. looks great. Whatever she's done it looks good and not fake looking.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless you have an excellent injector I'm not a fan of fillers either.  Even then it doesn't last too long.  

If you have patience you will have the most beautiful and natural results from "Sculptra".  It is not a filler but "Poly-l-lactic acid".  This is injected deep into the skin and over time (a few months it will stimulate your own collagen. Yes, your own collagen, no puffy look.  It is wonderful as it's still your face just how it looked 15 years ago. It also lasts well over 2 years.  It takes several visits depending how bad the sagging is but you won't regret it.  A touch up of maybe half a vial a year is good.

The main thing with Sculptra is to have an expert do it only who is well trained.

You massage your face in an upward motion 5 times a day for 5 minutes to move the lactic acid around after the procedure. It lifts the jawline so nicely, fills out everything on face. For dented in temples too if you need it. Amazing!

I believe it was discovered for aids patient's back in the 80's who were so drawn and gaunt in the face. it helped them look better. The experts went to work on it and perfected it and so this is what we have today.

Patience is necessary but well worth it.

PS.  It also improves the overall appearrance of your outer skin.  It's new collagen and glows.

Respected Contributor

IMO, laser treatments offer the most natural and beneficial treatments for tightening the skin, producing collagen, & smoothing wrinkles over time.  I had laser treatments to eliminate acne scars about 20 years ago, and my results over 8 weeks were astounding. I went to one of the top dermatologists in the country in Manhattan & it was worth every penny.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stellabystarlight  I have done laser treatments as well and they are a great tool.  I've never done it but Fraxel  for skin tone once a year will keep your skin beautiful.

However, for skin tightening when you reach 60 lasers are not that effective as they are in younger people. You will not get the desired effect like with Sculptra.  But again, I do believe in a once a year Fraxel.  Might try it next year.  I think it's only a few days to a week downtime.  Thanks for reminding me.

Oh, I used to have some rosacea breakouts and dry skin.

Now that I've been on sculptra for over a year my skin is clear once again like my 20's and is not dry anymore.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  Nice to hear about Callie.  Hey, maybe she went the natural "sculptra" route too.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@SilleeMee  Nice to hear about Callie.  Hey, maybe she went the natural "sculptra" route too.

@Pink123 

I have no idea what she did but she looks very good. It wasn't shocking. It was very natural looking. When you see her it's one of those things where you can't tell exactly why she looks so good but she does.

Regular Contributor

She definately got her eyes done, some fiiller and Botox.  I can't tell if she had a facelift, she would probably had been out longer for a facelift.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

Unless you have an excellent injector I'm not a fan of fillers either.  Even then it doesn't last too long.  

If you have patience you will have the most beautiful and natural results from "Sculptra".  It is not a filler but "Poly-l-lactic acid".  This is injected deep into the skin and over time (a few months it will stimulate your own collagen. Yes, your own collagen, no puffy look.  It is wonderful as it's still your face just how it looked 15 years ago. It also lasts well over 2 years.  It takes several visits depending how bad the sagging is but you won't regret it.  A touch up of maybe half a vial a year is good.

The main thing with Sculptra is to have an expert do it only who is well trained.

You massage your face in an upward motion 5 times a day for 5 minutes to move the lactic acid around after the procedure. It lifts the jawline so nicely, fills out everything on face. For dented in temples too if you need it. Amazing!

I believe it was discovered for aids patient's back in the 80's who were so drawn and gaunt in the face. it helped them look better. The experts went to work on it and perfected it and so this is what we have today.

Patience is necessary but well worth it.

PS.  It also improves the overall appearrance of your outer skin.  It's new collagen and glows.

This is the key....HOW do you find someone that is truly good at this?  I am looking on the Sculptra site and they have many listed in my area that provide this service but how would I know if they are any good?

Also I have rosacea and you do mention having it also do you think this would help?  

Thank you your posts are very helpful!