Respected Contributor

As far as wrinkles go, I guess I am fortunate there.  I am in my late 70's have very minimal wrinkles.  I have never used any face care products.  I guess genes have something to do with it as my Mom was pretty wrinkle free also.  I would compare any slight suggestion of wrinkles I have as the same as someone in their early 40's.  I just went to the mirror to look close before I answered this.  Maybe a slight crease or two. 

I would not want to go under bright TV lights tho.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 I notice the hands also. Bobby Ray Carter is one I noticed  just recently.  I think Joan Rivers somehow had her hands done? She used to say even with Cosmetic Surgury one still needs skin care. I used to use her line  many years ago. 

Then a repeat needs to be done in time with more surgury after nature takes its course with time. It must be tough th be in the public eye and scrutinized. 

Honored Contributor
Jane and Mary Beth both appear to be aging naturally
Honored Contributor

Way to go!  I'm "only" 62 and have no visible wrinkles except when I smile.  They're on top of my cheekbones.  My mother is 82 and just now is developing wrinkles above her upper lip.  She uses Retin A tho, I don't.  You use NO facial products???  Not even OoO? lol  

Honored Contributor

Some may not agree that it makes a difference but everything that goes on my face goes on the back of my hands.  I don't mean the leftovers, I take out extra for my hands (and neck of course).  The only thing that might give away my age in my hands is enlarged knuckles.  Fingers aren't deformed looking like my husand's or my dad's but I have plenty of rings I can't wear because they won't go over my knuckles Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

The local television personalities I have seen in person are far more attractive in person than they are on TV. The High Def cameras and lighting are not friendly to mere mortals.

Years ago I saw Linda Gray and Larry Hagman filming a segment for Dallas at Love Field. She was so stunningly beautiful I was taken aback. The camera does not capture her beauty.

I have a feeling the hosts on QVC and HSN will follow suit. They will be quite striking in person.

Valued Contributor

Re: host and wrinkles

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote

Retin-A helps with wrinkles after long term use. Most people who have "enhancements" don't look natural.

I disagree with that. Enhancements done the right way are undetectable and make you look like a better version of yourself. Most enhancements which are noticeable are usually the ones which don't look natural for instance too much filler or skin pulled too tight.

If I was in the public eye, behind HDTV, studio lights and all, then I would probably feel the pressure to get some kind of work done, too.

Retin-A is the only proven anti-wrinkle product ever invented. It has the FDA to back that up. It won't, however, lift sagging skin but it will help prevent that from getting worse by preserving what you have now.

@SilleeMee   I've found if Retin A is started and used regularly it can also help produce collagen which in turn can prevent some sagging. Of course, as you said, this is over long term use. 

@Shanus @crazered 

During my early 20's I was under the care of a dermatologist who prescribed Retin A for my acne. 
One day while in a major department store, I walked up to a Clinique cosmetics counter.  I was not wearing makeup. The salesperson looked at me, remarked at how beautiful my skin looked, and asked me what product I was using. 
Her reaction surprised me and made me feel good. 
Toots711

Honored Contributor

@On It 

Are you in the Dallas area or were you just flying thru?

I'm 65 miles east of Dallas.  Used to live there tho.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@On It 

Are you in the Dallas area or were you just flying thru?

I'm 65 miles east of Dallas.  Used to live there tho.

I am in West Texas. We were flying in for business. You are so lucky to live close to Dallas. My favorite store is Neiman-Marcus Northpark. As much as you enjoy cosmetics riding down that escalator and stepping off into their sea of counters must be a thrill.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm If you are Monica on the other site, that Neiman's has the consultants who are employed by the companies. I do not know if COVID changed their arrangements, but each company that had one of the large counters paid an employee to be there to assist customers with their purchases. They often have major events there and you can schedule appointments with their national make-up artists. Just as importantly, the skin care has their reps there as well. 

Don't forget to look at every wall unit and the free-standing ones as well. As a side note, be sure to grab lunch at the Mermaid Bar which is right behind the cosmetics department. My suggestions are the Mermaid Sampler which includes half a sandwich (chicken salad is some of the best you will eat), a bowl of soup (tortilla is outstanding), and a green or fruit salad. Order the iced Spiced Tea and enjoy. Please try to enjoy for both of us. I will probably never get to be there again.