Honored Contributor

@THETOT    I think if we happened to see either MBR or JT in person in a group of women about their age, we'd have a far better idea what various procedures or lotions and potions might do.

I am older than both by about 2 decades and there's no way I would ever want to have to be seen in public in heavy makeup let alone have to show my face up close and personal in front of the invasive cameras used nowadays.

I think the best comparisons we can make are with our own peers.  The people I have known who believe they have actually hidden their aging from others were usually wrong.  Sometimes the work they had done, the care efforts they made were improvements, but I have known extremely few who managed to hide their years.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@crazered wrote:

Noticing alot of face work done lately on QVC and HSN host. Some way over done,mouth doesn't hardley move and brows way up there.. Not againist anyone looking better just natural. If they are using wrinkle creams I want to know what they use.

Retin-A helps with wrinkles after long term use. Most people who have "enhancements" don't look natural.

Completely agree @mom2four0418 . And the reason that is the case? Their necks give it all away? How many times haven't we seen actors and actresses on HD TV with smooth faces but the neck gives away their age immediately.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@crazered wrote:

Noticing alot of face work done lately on QVC and HSN host. Some way over done,mouth doesn't hardley move and brows way up there.. Not againist anyone looking better just natural. If they are using wrinkle creams I want to know what they use.

Retin-A helps with wrinkles after long term use. Most people who have "enhancements" don't look natural.

Completely agree @mom2four0418 . And the reason that is the case? Their necks give it all away? How many times haven't we seen actors and actresses on HD TV with smooth faces but the neck gives away their age immediately.

"gives away their age immediately."

Wow a fate worse than death, to look your age.  So who actually looks better, someone who does look their age and appears natural healthy and happy, or someone who has been pulled, stretched, plumped, and botoxed to the point that they don't look anything like they used to?

Honored Contributor

I know this has been mentioned many times but there is also something to be said for really good lighting and cameras.  I think HSN has better cameras and lighting than QVC does.  I have been watching HSN when something goes off with the lighting/filter and the difference in the host's or vendor's face is very, very apparent.  That filter kicks back on and everyone is back to no wrinkles and smooth, perfect skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@crazered wrote:

Wow a fate worse than death, to look your age.  So who actually looks better, someone who does look their age and appears natural healthy and happy, or someone who has been pulled, stretched, plumped, and botoxed to the point that they don't look anything like they used to?

I haven't gone the route of trying to stop the clock with procedures because I realized if I do one thing, I will still look my age in one way or another. I firmly believe that how we move, our hands inevitably give away our age to some degree. 

I do understand, though, why actors and people in the public eye get anti-aging treatments. Sadly, we are a youth oriented society and their jobs may be on the line @Bhvbum . It is what it is.

Trusted Contributor

I think Jane and mary beth look great, real ! There is one young host who is starting to look scary to me, and when she smiles she looks weird. I have seen many women on Tv who look awful when they try and smile, because their muscles are frozen.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I haven't gone the route of trying to stop the clock with procedures because I realized if I do one thing, I will still look my age in one way or another. I firmly believe that how we move, our hands inevitably give away our age to some degree. 

I do understand, though, why actors and people in the public eye get anti-aging treatments. Sadly, we are a youth oriented society and their jobs may be on the line @Bhvbum . It is what it is.  

Good point, so the question is why are folks criticizing those who have to work in an industry that requires youth, when they themselves don't have the same demand?

Esteemed Contributor

"If they are using wrinkle creams I want to know what they use."

@crazered 

I'm really not sure what you mean - that you DO or DON'T want the same ones....?

Anyway, for me, I've got to look a little older (& wiser) than my college students.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  You are so right.  Even for me in my home...in my downstairs bathroom  mirror I look great!  Then in my upstairs sunlit bathroom....not so great.  Maybe I'll throw a party in my tiny downstairs bathroom.....nah.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Good point, so the question is why are folks criticizing those who have to work in an industry that requires youth, when they themselves don't have the same demand?

Not sure, you will need to ask the poster's who criticize the hosts. I don't watch QVC so I have no idea how they look. The few times I have channel surfed, most of the hosts are new to me @Bhvbum .