Honored Contributor

Having work done is not a big deal for me at all; if you have the cash and the foritude, go for it. but everyone should know there is alot of hype.. and dear lord--high def tv is the worst---i have good skin genes so don't have the wrinkles or sagging. have a few crinkles but not much---but let me tell you--if  had a boatload of cash, the bags under my eyes would be history--have had them since I was a kid. Nothing but fat pads---  nothing that a very sharp knife can't removed---

Trusted Contributor

Re: host and wrinkles

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite  Hi, that is a great question.  I was researching Sculptra a few years ago.  I had a dermatolgist in my area that I went to 15 years ago or so to get those little precancerous lesions frozen off and the Doctor had this Physician's assistant which I had heard  was doing the injections and not the Dermatologist  himself. Talent is everything.

I had seen many patients go only to her out of the 4 Doctors. Hmm.... well I didn't need anything at the time.

Fast forward to 2 years ago when I was researching and I was so sad to hear the Dermatologist had retired and she was gone!  I was not going to give up.  I knew they had another practice where she was at with him so I gave them a call one day.  They said "oh no sadly she left 10 years ago".  Then she said "hold on, I think someone knows where she went.  Well it turns out one nurse did  and she gave me their practice number (and hoped she was still there). She had been there for 10 years.  I checked the reviews and she's 5 star across the board.  I made an appointment.   She's booked almost 8 weeks in advance and works 4 days a week.  Well you know how this story ends and I couldn't be happier even though it's over an hour drive away.  

I would suggest researching reviews in your area.  I don't know if your in a big city but if you are near one you've got a better shot.  The thing about Sclptra is the location where they inject it which is crucial and also the lactic acid can tend to clump up and so when they mix it fresh for you the assistant and the PA roll the needles with fluid in their hands to keep the liquid and not let the powdery substance clog.  This is why you massage upwards and out 5 minutes 5 times a day.  To keep everything smooth.

The best thing is to research.  If you have any other questions please write and I will be happy to help you.

PS.  She's so good that sometimes I say "can you do this or that" and she will say flat out NO way!  Now that is what you want from a professional.  She does not go overboard on anything and will always give a natural look. She has a real good eye for your face and what it needs.

Honored Contributor

For me it's not looking old that I want. I just want to look good for my age.

Super Contributor
I'll just dip my toe in and say that I'm in my early 40s and definitely use Retin A. And...I'm not brave enough to be on TV every day so there's that.
Honored Contributor

@crazered   If something hardly moves it is Botox.  Eyebrows up - some type of lift.  I will never have plastic surgery unless I hit the lotto but then I would have to give it a lot of consideration.  When you see celebrities with botched up surgery, you do think twice.  Growing old is part of life so just along with the program and enjoy life.

kindness is strength
Contributor

Looks like "Coco" had something done to her cheeks and/or eyes.  She's such a beautiful woman, I don't know why she would change anything, especially since she's so young, probably in her thirties.  

Contributor

A brighter lipstick would be more flattering instead of the awful nude lip that makes you look washed out and dead, especially on TV.

Honored Contributor

@kittycatmeow 

Agree 1000%

I don't watch or know who everyone is talking about

but a brighter color always looks better than nude imo.

These nude shades look corpse-like to me but some can

pull it off better than others.

Valued Contributor

Re: host and wrinkles

[ Edited ]

I used to notice more the HSN ladies looking more "pulled back, filled, and lifted" than QVC back when I started to watch that crew down there in FL about 12 years ago. But many of these PA ladies lately having been giving them a run for their money.  Always look at their necks and hands, they tell the truth. Anyways, I am glad I am not shown in HD and on Tv all hours of the day and night trying to keep it all together knowing you need to look a certain way, forget it!  It would make me incredibly insecure feeling that pressure.  Bless the "mature" ladies for aging gracefully on their own terms in anvery judgemental society.